Weighed today

Sir Shertown Pimp

(edited)

Abs can be worked with practically any muscle group. As long as you are starting with a clean slate...make sure your routine is balanced. Work all muscle groups.

what is your goal? Sounds like you want a lean muscular look, not to be all swole up necessarily. Try breaking your workouts into three days with a rest day afterwards.

Back/Biceps - sit ups

Chest/Shoulders - sit ups

Legs (geez I hate legs)

Rest day - sit ups

Be careful not to overtrain at first. Spend a couple of weeks using light weight and dont go until failure. This will give your muscles time to "wake up" and learn the movements. Then you can increase the weight and reps. Go with medium high weight and high reps once you are into the program full swing...shoot for around 9-12 reps on your work sets. Maybe 4 sets per excersise and 3 or 4 excersises per muscle group.

Ahh...IMHO

Also, eat alot of high quality foods! Especially protein, sounds like you should try to eat around 180g of protein a day once you start your workouts. Eat like this on your off days too!

Feel free to take a jog after your workouts, and be sure to eat a healthy meal within 1.5 - 2 hours after any weightlifting workout.

Edited by gOOters

Very good advice goot....I would just make two points, one I'm sure you will agree with, and one that is my opinion.

1st....ad triceps to that second day, Chest, Shoulders, Tris

2nd....Crunches or situps, there's another post in here somewhere about the proper for, I owuld only do twice a week. Your abs get worked out every day in almost everything you do, give them plenty of time to rest when you over work them. After all, if you want the six pack, its more about loosing the fat around your waist than gaining ab muslce, too much ab muscle makes you look fat, imo....

I play tennis for about 2 hours everyday and 100 crunches morning/night but those are just a recent addition. Its hard for me to get that much protein, I usually have fruit for breakfast, chicken/burger for lunch, and beef/chicken + salad(no dressing) for dinner on any given night. Basically ive really cut back on the carbs and sugar.

To be honest my main problem is keeping shorts/jeans from falling off :)

Good advise BGB! I forgot tris...DOH. And I do love my skull crushers too. I am all about the big power movements.

Ab workout frequency is a matter of opinion I guess. The best I ever did was a four pack with a flat tummy...guess I'm not the ab guru, heh.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Not sure how you were 6'4" 194 and fat.

According to my doctor at 6'2" I should be 195...

Did you have like ... 0 muscle at all?