12 parallel pixel pipelines

256-bit quad-channel GDDR3 memory Interface

8 extreme parallel pixel pipelines

6 parallel vertex processing engines

does it have 12 or 8? Allstarshop seems not to know

i guess 8 "extreme" pipelines = 12 regular pipelines

Edited by RiZad

(edited)
My 'ohmygod fast' exclamation on the second page really doesn't do X800 XT justice, it utterly obliterates anything that's gone before it when maximum respective AA modes are enabled, current 6800 Ultra included.

:D

Wonder when newegg will have them. :boing:

Wow, I'm extremely pleased we just didn't see a 5-10fps jump with these new cards like the 9700 Pro to 9800 Pro jump was. It's also obvious that the CPU takes a back seat to the GPU now, or at least the passenger seat.

Now we'll have to see if there is a price war (unlikely for a few months, each manufacturer will want to rake in the dough).

it plans to launch the GeForce 6800 Ultra Extreme

Where do they get these names?

The X800Pro should be selling in major retail online outlets today, May 4th, and selling for an MSRP of $399. The X800XT Platinum Edition will begin shipping to retailers by May 21st and will be sold at an MSRP of $499.

wow.

that's all i got to say.

hehe

it's times like these that a quote is needed to sum things up.

From Tom's Hardware.....

NVIDIA takes the crown! No question about it - the GeForceFX 5800 Ultra is faster than the competition from ATI's Radeon 9700 PRO in the majority of the benchmarks.

:lol:

There is a nice article at Anandtech today. They will be updating it today too. Right now it benchmarks:

X800 XT

X800 Pro

6800 Ultra

6800 GT (new today)

6850 Ultra (also called '6800 Ultra Extreme' on some sites, these benchmarks will be added later today)

9700 Pro

5950 Ultra

Very nice to see all these cards lined up, and we'll have a nice picture later today with the 6850 Ultra. This is basically a facroty overclocked golden sample of the 6800 Ultra. Now we just need a price on the 6850 Ultra.

I think HardOCP's article was very interesting running oranges to apples for comparison and I see why they did it. It really shows how if you want to game at high resolution and with high AA/AF settings the X800 series are the way to go.

(edited)
Homer,May 4 2004, 02:28 PM] So, who's gonna go buy an X800 Pro today?

this week hopefully. i hope the XT is retail now also or is there a month delay on it ? i will get the XT if its available now ^_^

bah, its not on newegg yet.... i was looking forward to getting off work all day. :bang:

Edited by All Kill3r

A buddy of mine is looking at the x800pro as a purchase.

I'd like to see him buy it just so I can see the new ATI demos in realtime.

I bet they look sweet.

Cool that you can buy the x800pro from ati on the day of launch though.

lil' expensive, but it comes with a t-shirt.

hehe

sweet a $400 t-shirt that lets everyone know your stance on the video card battle,  plus a free video card :)

hehe

true

ati.com seems to be charging a 50 dollar premium for the x800pro though.

that kinda sux.

(edited)

im waiting for it to get to newegg.

sweet a $400 t-shirt that lets everyone know your stance on the video card battle, plus a free video card 

lol. its nice being self-employeed and single with no kids, lot different then being broke through college.

good to hear you finally finished that handle of free so-co ;) p00n

Edited by All Kill3r

“RADEON X800 is awesome! The speed it can run shaders at high resolutions with all the features turned on allows us to bring Battlefield 2 to life like never before. ATI has done a great job again,� said Torbjorn Laedre and Torbjorn Söderman, Lead Render Programmers, Digital Illusions CE.

Battlefield 2 eh ? sounds cool already. :D from ati's website.

anyone watched the demos ? im downloading them now..