Temperature sensors

Slaphappy

Ok so I'm getting the parts for my new case. One of which is a Fanmaster fan controler. It also has with it 4 temp monitors.

I've never played with these things before. I really don't have anyidea how and where to place them. When I say where I mean specificly. It suggestss cpu hdd case and psu. Both my harddrives have sensors on them wich read out the temp in speedfan.

I'd like to know what kinda temps my vidcard (9800pro) is running at. But I don't have the foggest on where to put the sensor.

Likewise my mobo has a sensor for the cpu. I've heard however that these are only so accurate and that the actualy temp sensors are much better. So I know you can place then sensor between the fins, but how accurate is that? Your fan is blowing right on it.

The other question is what you use to make them stick. I'm assuming there is some kind of termal paste or tape I can get somewhere.

Lastly any of you outthere have sensors. If so where do ya stick them? o0o

Well, on my CPU heatsink (water block actually), there is a recessed area for me to place the sensor. If you want a true reading, you need to slip it between the cpu and heatsink although it doesn't have to actually be touching to get a decent reading (i.e., there is a small space between the actual CPU and HSF because the HSF goes on the dye of the cpu). For your vid card, try the same concept. It might be difficult to keep the sensor in place if you move your system around a lot though.