SD or TDM for the server?

urk?!?

Do you prefer SD or TDM for the server?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i think SD requires skill and teamwork, which is what i would like doing more so. In TDM, a one man team is all you need...gets old after the 100th kill, eh?

Can we make it so the admin has ability to switch back and forth? but ultimately make it sd? i dunno...i plan on playing more cod since interest is renewed.

Jiffy, I generally agree with you. Unfortunately, there's no way to really switch it in game without doing a mapchange. We can make it switch depending on the maps:

IE mp_Harbor will always be SD and mp_hurtgen will always be TDM. That does hurt us with some players tho... it's much easier to get regular players on it that know a game type is going to be specific.

IE mp_Harbor will always be SD and mp_hurtgen will always be TDM.

Unless there's been a drastic change in protocol since 1.2, that is not true. Your map cycle just gets longer to switch it around and hit the maps multiple times.

Here's one of our old mapcycles where both were incorporated:

set sv_mapRotation "gametype sd map mp_brecourt gametype tdm map mp_pavlov gametype sd map mp_harbor gametype tdm map mp_dawnville gametype re map mp_chateau gametype tdm map mp_powcamp gametyp sd map mp_rocket gametype tdm map mp_ship gametype sd map mp_hurtgen gametype tdm map mp_railyard gametype sd map mp_dawnville gametype tdm map mp_chateau gametype sd map mp_carentan gametype tdm map mp_rocket gametype re map mp_brecourt gametype tdm map mp_hurtgen gametype re map mp_powcamp gametype tdm map mp_carentan"