Civilization III

Crowbar

I know we've got a few RTS gamers here, anyone interested in turn-based games, such as Civilization III? I just downloaded the Civ III Gold demo, and am now craving more. The demo allows you full access to the game... for 60 minutes. Then you can't do anything. Hopefully I'll buy it soon, especially if anyone else has it and is interested in some online play.

Also, did anyone play another great Sid Meyers game, Alpha Centauri? That has to be one of my all time favorite games. Years ago I actually spent a full 24 hours playing it. I still pull it out once in awhile, install it, play for a few hours, and then un-install it again.

I have (had, CD got busted) CivIII and 'Play the World'.

This game is timeless for me. When I think of CivIII I think of a cool, fall day with nothing going on. Maybe a hot drink and a blanket. And just wasting the day away.

I have a working copy of PtW. But was pretty bummed when I went to install Civ (PtW is just an addon that I never really used) and found it was broke. I can almost justify getting a copy by nefarious means since I checked and they won't replace broken discs. But I guess I just don't want to start down that road again.

Both Civ 3 and AC are really good ways to lose track of entire days.

Both are a lot of fun. Civ 3 isnt' as balanced as previous Civs, but its pretty interesting. I've played it many, many times and never won the game any way other than conquest and taking the majority of the land.