New ONS Maps in Rotation?

Yes, we're talking about adding those 4 new CBP2 maps to rotation....I just have to get the Ok from our UT players to go ahead with it.

We're speaking, I assume, about:

ONS-CBP2-Argento

ONS-CBP2-Mirage

ONS-CBP2-Tropica

ONS-CBP2-Valarna

yes?

oh, and welcome to our forums....thanks for taking the time to register and pop us the question.

Penty put a hurtin on me last night.....

Anyways, the new maps are in the rotation, and I put them all in a row.....figuring why go back and forth? The people that are looking for these newer maps will generally have them all.

Then again, the poor sap who d/ls in the game instead of outside has to do it 4 times in a row....

At any rate, our rotation sits like this:

Crossfire

Dawn

ArcticStronghold

RedPlanet

Severance

Dria

Torlan

Valarna

Tropica

Argento

Mirage

Not in rotation: FrostBite, Icarus, Primeval

Ok, after some rethrough, I lied....I instead mixed em through...so now we have:

Crossfire

Dawn

Valarna

ArcticStronghold

RedPlanet

Mirage

Severance

Dria

Tropica

Torlan

Argento

(edited)

Tropica looks like a rush, *shrug* long rush though.

But what about the 2 they released earlier?

Both Ascendancy and Aridoom are good maps.

In any case thanks for the fast response.

Penty

Edited by Penty

Well after a couple hours now I am not seeing an increase of plp vs bots on the new maps. You might want to consider adding a link for them in the game messages.

Penty

Guest Sadisticalism
Guest Sadisticalism
Guest Sadisticalism
Guests

i hate bots and yea they usually do stack on the blue team and im usually on it! heheh oh well

Both Ascendancy and Aridoom are good maps.

LInks?

Where do we get these from?

I'd say it's TOO early to make another change. You gotta give people time to figure it out.

Yes, perhaps links to here where I could post a link to D/L only the ONS maps required on our server. That might be good. I'll work on that soon....however, a couple of these maps aren't specific on what files belong to them (I installed the entire map pack).

Here's what I need....seperate zips of each of the 4 maps I've added...gimme a link and I'll host them. Also, if you can link me to the two mentioned above, I'll link those just the same.

Oh and just think....when these maps finally actually catch...we'll be pros at em if we stick to it....

At any rate, I'm up for what the majority of our voices want to do.

LInks?

Where do we get these from?

ay it's TOO early to make another change.  You gotta give people time to figure it out.

Yes, perhaps links to here where I could post a link to D/L only the ONS maps required on our server.  That might be good.  I'll work on that soon....however, a couple of these maps aren't specific on what files belong to them (I installed the entire map pack).

Here's what I need....seperate zips of each of the 4 maps I've added...gimme a link and I'll host them.  Also, if you can link me to the two mentioned above, I'll link those just the same.

http://file-nexus.com/main4.2.php?number=6654

Is a link location for the Acendancy and Aridoom. The were part of a WinXP promotion, just ignore the WinXP mentions, the exe doesn't check for versions.

If you still need someone to split up the CBP let me know. I'll need someplace to upload them though, I only have 5MB online storage.

Penty

Penty, that would be helpful. Can you be sure that you'll get all of the correct files? I know some of the ONS maps come with a text that name the files, but I also noted at least one did not. FTP comes with a .gc membership, btw...but for this project, we'll gladly set you up with a temporary ftp area so you can make the zips availalble. Make em up and let me know the amount of space you require.

Nubus: Glad to hear. I have not even seen the new maps. I think we should push through the curve!

Brillow: In response to the above, in all my days of server population I've learned that what the server REALLY needs is some people willing to wait for people to come by, and welcome them when they do come in.....ESPECIALLY if they are downloading maps. However, you DO have a unique ability to draw attention to yourself via your pwningness.

Penty, that would be helpful.  Can you be sure that you'll get all of the correct files?  I know some of the ONS maps come with a text that name the files, but I also noted at least one did not.  FTP comes with a .gc membership, btw...but for this project, we'll gladly set you up with a temporary ftp area so you can make the zips availalble.  Make em up and let me know the amount of space you require.

:nono: Bah you are just trying to extort money from me. I just emailed you through the form, if you don't get it let me know. We are looking at 59M or so.

Penty

Yeah Fatts, you're right as usual...I guess I was looking for some instant gratifications...and I really should humble myself more often...I'm not that good...I just get lucky.

But I am not the sum of one fragger...I'm part of a team...and...<sniff>...I can't be the fragger I am today if it wasn't for yous guys.

I'll definitely stay and help push through the curve...mabey I'll learn a thing or two about the resilients of fps players.

I'll be server side in mere moments...mang

Ok, um, what's a umod?  I d/l the "self-installing" umod version the other day, and, well, I dunno what to do with it.

D/l the zip verision now... :bang:

A umod is how UT has always packaged their mod/mutators. For clients, just double-click it and it will begin the installation process. Not sure how it would work for stand alone servers though.

My guess, the umod is just a renamed .zip file that UT understands to unzip then look for an .inf to get install instructions from (similar to the .wal extensions used for Winzip skins).