nVENTIV Mach I

i just bought a Mach I. Should be here in about a week :D

if you dont know what it is have a look - Prometia mach I

<--- happiest man in the world right now. Ive wanted one of these since i found out about them a year or so ago and finally had to have it since its so darn hot now and i dont have ac. My poor overclock is down to 3.5 with it being 90+ outside :(

heh, -45c, -49f thats with no heat load of course... ill be picking up some die electric grease and neopren tommorow for condensation proofin... ive read enough about it and watched it done over the net a few times now so im pretty confident that i know what im doin even having never done it. its all about research ;)

ill get pics up soon after its installed ^_^

No, but they are super sweet. I like the design a lot better than the Vapochill setups too.

I saw an article in MaximumPC on 2 water cooling units and 2 phase-shift coolers (The Vapochill and the Prometeia (which uses the nVENTIV). For the Prometeia, they overclocked an Intel 2.8 (not sure of the a, c, e, etc) to a 3.666MHz, ran it stable at 100% utilization for 24 hours and the CPU temp was -5F

At the time I was looking at these, It would come pretty close to breaking even. Now, I don't think it is as cost effective but once you have the system, you can use it for several of your next CPU upgrades so over the long run, you should be able to earn most of if not all of your money back.

Homer,May 25 2004, 01:44 PM]So are these even cost effective for what you're doing?  If you bought a P4EE/3.4 and O/C'd it on air would you get the same result for the same cost as a lesser CPU and the Ventiv unit?

very cost effective. i can use this unit for as long as cpu heat loads dont drop it to its knees. Only need a different mounting kit for a different platform. the unit uses R134a gas right now which is one of the warmer refriderents. If im not happy with temps (which im prettys ure i will be) i could take it to a AC tech and have it recharged with R404 or R507. Regassing to one of those would give MachII performance.

Yea dweez, i looked at Vapo's and Prommy's and Prometia's win hands down. A simple regass of R507 and the value of the unit doubles.... im not buying this new though, i won a bid off a private auction. I only paid 350 :wub: even comes with intel and amd xp kits although im going to sell the XP kit for 75 bucks or so since their 100 new :D I work so much now i jsut want to enjoy my hobby so im taking it to the next level =\

Anyways, my cpu post in at 248fsb for just a ss on air with one voltage bump. Im hoping for 270-275, that would be sufficient for me =\ Anything over 4ghz stable. It wasnt really about being cost efficient though.

Yeah, if you hold it just right...and bring it down just right on the back of someones head, you should easily be able to slip their wallet out of their pocket. *Cha-Ching* Pay day!!

hehehm.gif

• 2 weeks later...

meh, should arrive tomm while im at work, hopefull get some pics up by weekend if all goes well.

just purchased some Corsair v1.1 pc3500 ( discontinued bh-5, doing 255fsb with 3.3v at 2-2-2 on a diff Ai7 ) to run beside my 2-2-2 mushkins. i might just be able to pull this thing together before Lan time :boing: