new puter mad at amd 64

socket 939 is NOT going to cost $200. by the time they do intel will have something also and im not making any predictions on how they will perform, ill wait to see.

Post up your sisandra scores in the 3dmark thread above, mine are already there. I wont argue about future products, if amd wins so be it, ill get an amd next time and visa versa. Its just not practical to think that socket 939 will cost 200 when 754 is more then that and 754 isnt being discontinued anytime soon. 939 will be expensive. AMD isnt the cheaper cpu maker anymore. My intel is on par with the FX line in any bench i run for $700 less, and its here now. No its not 64bit but who cares, i dont see too many 64bit apps and OS's around. I know its coming in the future but by then maybe intel will have a 64bit cpu, maybe A64's will be alot cheaper, maybe 939's will be cheaper, too many maybes because its not here right now.

I know amd 64's and intel's non-EE cpus are close in overall performance but mem bandwidth goes to intel. post your score, hopefully some A64's will post theirs. im just not seeing any 'spanking' going on around here. my crappy intel is outperfming the A64's and XP's around here. i think intel deserves a little more credit some times then some of you amd supporters give them.

I'm not sure how the two compare though Killer. Intels get better memory performance, but isn't it what comes out at the end that matters? Overall system benchmarks and app based benchmarks make more sense to run. Post a few with links and then we can debate it.

(edited)

exactly Homer, i was speaking of memory bandwidth. Intel is the clear winner. I never said AMD doesnt win other marks, i actually said they both win and lose some. My intel outscores that FX-53 that rizad linked and i was simply saying i wont catch and AMD64 doing that no matter how good it is in other benches.

we can debate it if i run the same benches as you =\ you have a A64, i have a Intel Northwood. Maybe i shouldnt but i also factor in performance after its overclocked since i dont run things at stock speeds except the first few minutes afters its installed... on that note, pick a benchmark and ill run it to see how we match up, you have a 3000+ and i have a 3.0. We both have 9800pros so our overall systems should be close in terms of overall performance.

just got a little rilled up when i heard "beat the crap outta intel" and its just not the case.

-50 edits later.

Edited by All Kill3r