bess page blocker

SemperFi

does any1 know how to get around the program we have at our school called "Bess" its so extremely annoying it blocks like the stupidiest stuff like "game" sites that dont even have any games and the great funny movies under the topic funny movies :)

I'll get you a link as soon as I can...it will allow you to put a webpage into a textbox and it will load the page through the other page...so your "bess page blocker" program won't even know the new page is being loaded...trying to find the link now

You talking about an anonymizer Playaa? Not sure if this works since it masks you from the target site. Bess sounds like something that is on the routers so it would be a bit trickier to get around. I was thinking maybe an off campus proxy would work since all the traffic would look like it is coming from the proxy and not the actual site.

bess was fairly annoying when i was in like 7th grade.

When I was in 7th grade we had 1 apple 2e to share with an entire school... we also had like 8 radioshack computers. Bess... that was just the name of a cow to me.

hah it's great, whenever we wanted to fool around at highschool we'd crack the logins. Found out how to get in without using our personal logins. At college they made it way easier, there are generic user accounts on all the comps.

I remember in highschool a friend of mine found a program on the comps that controled the fire alarm systems. It was a good surprise drill!

bess was fairly annoying when i was in like 7th grade.

When I was in 7th grade we had 1 apple 2e to share with an entire school... we also had like 8 radioshack computers. Bess... that was just the name of a cow to me.

Same here Long. We had a "computer lab" of about 12 TRS-80 computers (not the CoCo's either). Most we ever really did was the basic BASIC programs, such as:

10 Print "dwEEziL is the coolest"

20 Goto 10

at my school it all have like school logins

for example if ur in the tech lab its :

smhslab(comp#)

but for special tech2and3 students like me :))))) i get my own account which i never login to anyways so i dont kno why i feel special having one.i guess its because the tech1 students are jealous :)