FEAR MAH SHIELD GUN

Guest Necronomus
Guest Necronomus
Guest Necronomus
Guests

People who are good with that weapon are really frustrating.. For those who don't know in the one mode the thing acts like a shield and in the other mode its like a big honking stick, splatering anything within reach.

As for me getting my name up there.. I seem to recall scoring well enough but being on losing teams.. Gah!! :bang:

GC Founder

As far as I know, the left click builds up the shield power, sorta charging it....then a release (or right click, not sure, maybe just a release, but I'm in the habit of right clicking after a left click charge...i think that's the order)

Sometimes there's nothing left:

shieldgun3.jpg

GC Founder
One fire mode one is a shield - helpful for long jumps from the sky. With the other fire mode, hold the button to charge up and then run into people. Funnage! :)

Funnage. You got it! And, to prove that n00b is not a liar, I have PROOF that he thinks it's fun.

Here he is, enjoying himself with my shield gun:

shieldgun4.jpg

I'm beginning to take adambomb's vision of knifing everyone in the community at least once, but with a shield-gun.

Guest Ragin
Guest Ragin
Guest Ragin
Guests

fatty, its ragin, remember our duel with the shield and me kicking your donkey?! :D:boing:

GC Founder

Ahem.....are you the one who came up and blew me to bits in the back or did you hit me with the shield from the front?!!??!

I have a new one to add to the collection...a little more blood than you may prefer, however. I was showing my neighbor the game tonight and just happened, in only a few minutes of the game, to be able to fufill my shield-lust:

shieldgun5.jpg

Now THAT is a beaut!

GC Founder
:unsure:  teach me

Stand with shield-gun.

Hold down attack, note that it charges up.

While continuing to hold the charge, chase backpeddling enemy.

Release when close. You'll hear the "pop" of the energy, even if you miss. You could practice this into the air if you want. You'll hear it.

(edited)

So thats what happened, LOL!

We were going at it and I was spraying you with my Link Gun, but when I ran to attack the node, BLAMO!

Good kill, I will definitely add that one to my repertoire.

:laughcry:

Edited by Ruff_Ryder

GC Founder

Ok, dunno if I can/should keep up with all my screens, but it's just so fun to have a collection going!

I promise you I won't paste more than 1 for each victim! :D Anyone recognize these guys?

shieldgun6.jpg

^^look, hugs got his name up here!

shieldgun7.jpg

shieldgun8.jpg

Its an auto fire when you run into peeps...don't know about extra distance when you do release tho. I had a blast on the base sniper tower of Torlan the other day...just dropped in...set my shield gun to frag...and popped em as they teleported...oh what joy...what rapture...WHAT!! NO SCRENSHOTS?

In a similar endeavour, I am going for the full sweep on Pancakes...yesterday night I picked up my first with a wheeled vehicle....a SCORPION PANCAKE!! Also checked off the list are the Manta(obviously) and the Raptor. I'll be preying the cliffs of ArcticStronghold in search of the dreaded Hellbender Pancake and ever-elusive GOLIATH PANCAKE!! And then I will pursue the ultimate in Unreal Vehicle Kills...the coup de smash, if you will...a LEVIATHAN PANCAKE!!! Upon achieving this, I believe I may then die a happy man.

Unfotunately, as I was preparing to make this post, I realized that screenshots don't work when the console is down, so I have no documentation of my Scorpion Pancake. There will be more to come, I'm sure, and I won't make the same mistake again!

Happy hunting and look out below!

-hC

GC Founder
Love that last pic - 2 health. Heh. :boing:

What's also fun in that last pic is that JakeX would have died from the fall if the shield hadn't pulverized him....we both launched up on the teleport pad on Torlan there, him before me as I was chasing him...and I landed just over him and popped him off the cliff. Weee!

I love running at people with a shield gun like mad, I know it looks funny when some one goes on and off the screen coming closer and finally just kills you, like some crazed person...

Now whats funnier, silent sheild death or running at them, letting them know they are about to get killed.