question about language

Brillow_Head

I was on this mourning with Nubus and Bub and I had a rather interesting discussion with a guy names BoneHausen or somthing to that effect. He liked to say S%$@ and F$#$ a few time, and I gave him directed warnings to keep the language clean..

He caught the first one and said "alright" but slipped again later in the game...I made another warning...mostly just to pay attention...

He was on the losing team and I think he was frustrated a bit. He started arguing that in the Insults Tab you can voice swear words like "Holy S" and "Die B"....I then told him if he was trying to make a point...then he would be banned...and he mashed the Die B a few more times.

Is there a way to disable the Insults, server side???

P.S. I think I might get Admin Rights so I can take care of those problems instead of running to an Admin like a baby. I believe in the swear policy...I want to make sure it is enforced...even if it requires a bann.

It wouldnt bother me if the taunts were disabled. I have ran into this a couple of times late at night. I believe the language should be clean also. Takes away from the game when you got to here someone vent. No arguing with the admin should be the first rule. Espically after they have given you a warning.

And I don't even know if it works. I just use web admin. I also have the luxury of having the second PC so the player list is staring at me while I play, just waiting for adjustment.

Here's a list of admin commands that can be used to control you server in-game.

Adminlogin <password> Logs admin onto server

Adminlogout <password> Logs off admin

Admin switchlevel <mapname?game=gametype?mutator=mutator> Changes server to specific map/game type/mutator

Admin <command> Executes a command

Kick <playername> Kicks player from server

Kickban <playername> Kicks and Bans player from server

Kick and ban are there.. Dunno if they work or not.

Had a guy tonight I believe his name was death and he keep using vulgar language so I asked him please not to use vulgar language, He replied I didnt know I was playing with 8th graders and I replied back I am not a 8th grader but kids play here also and you need to refrain from using vulgar language. He did again so I replied I guess we will be looking at the logs and banning some people tomorrow. He went on some more and I told him this is not your server and you do not make the rules here.

Either way I dont care if we look at the logs or ban him. I was just trying to stop his disruption he was causing becasue he was arguing and calling others names, complaining about the bots and the teams and everything else.

How does the admin thing work Fatty? What kind of duckets we talking here to get admin. All I would be interested is the ban and even then I would only want to ban for a set amount of time like a hour or so or even access to a vote kick option just for /-=GC=-/ members would work to.

Administration is the same across the board, see FAQ. Yes, the web admin has different "levels" or access amounts, but I really don't want to start messing with that....too many tiers.

Keep an eye on "Stinger," "Top_Raptor," and "Aeon." They are currently flooding the server, in text and voice, with profanity and racial slurs (based on accents in the voice chat). I'd boot them if I could; I'm mostly getting backtalk and have no way to enforce it. If someone is online that can, please take appropriate measures.

-hC

I believe they are. The map was Torlan, I believe...right around 21:45 EDT, Tuesday 01 June 2004. Aeon was in text chat, the other two over voice (that may be harder to track down and enforce?). That is why it looks like Aeon is having a one-sided conversation. Top_Raptor was not as involved; he only made one vulgar comment (J. F. Christ)...but maybe someone to keep an eye on. There was at least one very young player present, judging from the voice chats (~13 years old?). I do not think that is the image we wish to present, based on what I've seen of the GC.

Anyway, it really ruined about an hour's worth of play tonight, and several good and honest regulars left because of their quarrel. I really hate that, since most of the regulars are really great fun to play with.

-gC

One more ban tonite...thanks to the quick fingers of Fatty...no, not fat fingers...the finnnnggeerrrrs that belong to Fatty.

After one round of Dria someone posted the fudge word about 5 times...I warned...then Tsoc_X popped in with Cencorship Su D...fill in the blanks.

All I said was thankyou and popped a quick AIM to Fatty...and poof...he was gone. I then told my team what I did and posted to the other team.

Thanks again Fatty.

• 3 weeks later...

Jumped into the server today and one of the regulars told me that players kAy4zZ and -=DEATH_LORD=- where violating the language rule and wanted me to post it so somone could ban them. I personaly did not see or hear this but one was gone and the other was on the other team when I joined. The reg came on my teams channel to tell me and I said I would say something.