new comp

NOFX

(edited)

So my friend wants to buy a computer. He has 650 bucks and needs everything from mouse to monitor. Not entirely built for gaming, needs it for music and movies etc...

Heres what I hooked him up with

Biostar Nforce2 mobo

Barton 2500+(retail)

Radeon 9600

80 gig 7200 8mb cache WD

2x256 Samsung pc3200

Lite-on 52x Burner

Generic case and 400 watt psu

microsoft intellimouse 4.0

el cheap speakers

el cheap headphones

Lite-on Keyboard

19"(18" viewable) KDS flat screen CRT

totaled 659 with shipping, not to bad eh? considering he got a 19 in monitor instead of a 17 in monitor. And the monitor cost 200 bucks.

Edited by NOFX

How about an OS and AV?

/waves hand "you will not pirate software"

If he's really hurting for $$ a 2400+ and dropping to single channel RAM/mobo can save a few bucks without seriously effecting performance. Really.

One doesn't need speakers and headphones, pick one.

(edited)

Wow, this comp loads windows so fast. 8MB cache WD must be worth it, cant wait to see what the raid 0 raptors do on my p4.

and im not pirating xp, he had a copy, just doesnt have a computer cuz someone stole it. :)

Edited by NOFX

(edited)
Yeah I could really care less about stereo headphones

if you have dont have stereo headphones, how do you know if someone is to the left or to the right of you?

If that seems fast, your hard drive must be paperweight

Ive been using a 2MB cache WD 7200 40 gig.

That barton system defintely loads windows faster than my machine.

The 2500+ easily runs at 3200+, just jack the fsb up to 200. To bad the biostar mobo wont let me up the vcore just a tad, so it looks like he is stuck on a 175 fsb. With a mobo temp reading at 30c, with stock cooling, not to shabby

Edited by NOFX

paypal payment cleared on the 4th. I emailed her before that and asked when they would be shipped, no answer....

emailed he two days ago, no answer.....

The person still continues to get positive feedback though...

and that comp acctually doesnt load windows faster than mine. The bar goes across 3 times and it loads, while mine does 1 1/2. but....since I have an external drive and a few other things, windows doesnt pop right up after the load screen like the 2500+ does.

yea it will vary, depending how it was shut down and all kinds of stuff change it. Sometimes it real fast, sometimes it goes like 4-5 times. Alot of times, I just turn my power off without properly shutting down and I notice that it takes a little longer to load sometimes. The shutdown button is for wimps :P

Alot of times, I just turn my power off without properly shutting down and I notice that it takes a little longer to load sometimes.  The shutdown button is for wimps  :P

GRRRRRRRRR! :boo:

Why can't you just start the shut down sequence and walk away?

Why can't you just hit the power button once on the case and walk away? (Does the same as Start | Shut Down)

n00b!