MCC Roundup - Week 4

ConGregation

Here we are again. Another week over. This last week have some interesting matchups for sure. But it was the first week without a really close match. Is the standings getting more defined? Or will someone upset the applecart this week?

On monday, MwR went to DOH. DOH will be very hard to beat on their home map. MwR realized this and came with all they had. But in the end DOH proved just too powerful. Winning by a large margin of 22-8. But that is the most rounds won by an oppononent on nuke yet this season. But the score would not be indicative of how close this matchup really was. I watched this match on HLTV and I would say at least 70% percent of the rounds, DOH was down to their last player or succesfully blew the place up with no one left. When it came down to the last 2 or 3 guys standing, it seemed like DOH alwasy pulled it out. Thanks in a large part to DJ Premier. He has a new nickname... clutch! As long as he was still alive, DOH had a chance. Many rounds he was that last guy standing for DOH and he would come through. I think map experience played a large role in that. But kudos to the entire DOH team for playing a well polished match and taking the last undefeated team down.

On tuesday, CsLs visited DLM. Both teams were winless. One of them still is. CsLs started as Ts and took control from the get go. Losing only one round on the harder side they sealed that match early. Smoke was on fire with his AK. Second half, DLM took a few round but lost the match early into the half. DLM Zad played a great game and gave it a good shot. Seemed like it alwasy ended up him vs 4 CsLs. I was the "commentator" for this match on HLTV and am proud to say that even at the end of a blowout we had 16 spectators !! Eat that Mr. TV-Guy! =) CsLs definitely looked better than their 1-3 record.

On Wednsday, S!d visited TF. This was the same home map for both teams yet S!d pulled it out 19 - 11. This was a key match for both teams and S!d took it. Gone is the days when S!d was the whipping boy of the MCC. These guys have established themselves as a contendor in this league. Meanwhile, TF is shocked with its second straight loss. TF came into the season with high expecations but a losing streak is murder on such things. It will be interesting to see how they rebound this week.

On Thursday, DW visited Mmmm. DW has struggled so far. Losing a heartbreaker to MwR then being blown out by DOH. But they beat DLM. How would they do on Mmmm's home map. Meahwhile Mmmm is a rejuninated team! After being CRUSHED in the championship last season, and parting ways with some key players in the offseason, then losing their first match to the former whipping boys of the league... Mmmm had come back to life! And they continued their roll this week. Handing DW their second blow out of the season, 29 - 1. Mmmm looks about as tough on inferno as DOH does on nuke. Kudos to DW for keeping a great attitude! The way the standings are setup, teams try to win every round. This has to be frustrating for the other team. But DW was a class act.

All in all, positions were more defined this week. The winners are starting to seperate themselves form the non-winners. Will the trend continue? Or will some team turn the season on its ear? Plenty of time for ANY team to get hot and take the pole position for the post season.

On to this weeks matchups!

TF vs Mmmm

Mmmm is hot right now. TF is in a slump. That pretty much determines my prediction. But we all know TF is a very talented and coordinated team. This is probably our best bet for an upset. I wouldn't be suprised if TF did well on inferno. They have a great combination of players. They have great AWPers as well as great close combat guys. The AWP could play a bigger role in this match than in previous matches on inferno. If that happens, TF would definitely have the advantage. But Im picking Mmmm will play a smart match.

Mmmm-19 TF-11

DLM vs DOH

This would seem like a no brainer. DOH is inpenetrable on nuke. DLM has struggled for 2 seasons without a win. But if there was ever a cinderella match, this could be it! Who wouldnt want DLM to win its first match? (DOH). But we all know the monkeys dont like sitting around in matches. They like to MOVE OUT. This map may be more conducive to that style of play than even their home map. No man in his right mind would pick DLM but I wouldnt be shocked if they made it a tiny bit close. That said, Im still predicting a blowout =)

DOH-25 DLM-5

DW vs S!d

S!d is playing a tough game of CS right now. I would be suprised to see them lose a home match the rest of the season. Maybe DOH or MwR (those will be great matches). But I dont see DW doing it to them this week. I expect DW to try and start their run next week. I just dont see S!d laying down for them this week.

S!d-20 DW-10

MwR vs CsLs

This is another possible upset. MwR is still the team to beat even after their loss this week. If you want to take a shot at DOH then you dont do it on their home map. Meanwhile CsLs posted their first win this week. We got to see what we expected to see all season. A team chock full of talent work together to destroy their opponent. This is on the lunatics home map so that gives them an advantage. But they lost their only home map so far. But of course that was to DOH. Im looking for a close match. But we all know who loves to pull close matches out of the flames.

MwR-16 CsLs-14

Dont forget to catch the action at 206.229.105.5:27020

If you want to try your hand at predicting matches than post up in this thread. After the matches are played I will determine a winner and hand out the "Prophets Award". You could win cool prized like three smiley faces or even extra minutes viewing this board. So what are you waiting for?

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

TF 17 - Mmmm 13

DOH 28 - DLM 2

S!d 25 - DW 5

MwR 17 - CsLs 13

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

TF 20 - Mmmmm 10

DOH 26 - DLM 4

S!D 23 - DW 7

MWR 17 - CsLs 13

Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guests

TF-18 Mmmm-12

DOH-22 DLM-8

S!d-21 DW-9

CsLs-10 MWR-12273897219837217328973892173

tf-mmmm 16-15 this one is a tough but i think tf will win this in ot.

this1's like the lottery,i never win but i still play my numders

dlm-doh 16-15 i wanna see dlm get their first

I also see doh going undefeated on nuke,how can they go wrong with a nice mixed tape and dj always playing the same song

sid-dw 22-8

their playing as a team i like that

mwr-csls 16-14

we struggle as usual but still manage to sneak by.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

Nice Job Playaa!!... for predictin' the Mmmm/TF match.