Rush strategies for upcoming match

00b3rN00b

Just some ideas for the two maps we are playing...maybe we can practice them later...we can also do assignments here too, or whoever is closest to vehicle takes assignment.

Torlan:

2 on Manta rush to first node, build it.

3 on Hellbender, rush middle node.

Person with raptor goes and builds our tank node.

2 people from first node, now both have Mantas, rush enemy tank node.

2 stay to support middle node in Hellbender.

Person with raptor moves to enemy first node, as well as person with scorpion (ugh).

Other ideas involving tank or person with raptor harassing enemy team building first node welcome.

I think this game will come down to strategy rather than pure skills...the first 30 seconds of the map are the most vital. Fighting your way back after you have lost your first node is no fun:(

With redplanet, is the lev considered a superweapon? I sure hope so...I hate trying to kill that thing...

I have no ideas for redplanet. It's a pretty simple map, but an all-out rush strategy is dangerous. We should leave a person or two on our first node, and have the other 4 rush.

00b3rN00b, I like your Torlan strat. although I would add one thing, I think the person with the raptor needs to be aware of the tank if the two mantas fail at preventing that node from coming up.

Most importantly I think we need to have a set plan for each map and know it ahead of time, I dont know how it is for everyone else, but my voip is iffy at best.

MHO for Red Planet:

(I am assuming the levi is in it)

2 on each manta, 1 in the Raptor and 1 in the Levi

1 manta to the middle node

1 manta to the first node

The Levi to the first node and should stay put and defend that node, holding that first node no matter what is the key.

Raptor goes right away to annoy/damage their levi

After the two people at the first node bring that one up, the two people at the center node should bring that up - do not grab the damage amp until the node is up. Then one person, with the amp, heads to their first node and takes it out with a shock rifle, with the amp it only takes a few seconds. (the other person should head there as well) I would guess their levi would be near by at this point, and since the raptor is bugging them it should not be in that super-duper utterly insane killing mode, making it possible to take out that node without too much problem. We may not be able to bring that node up with their levi near by and we shouldn't worry about that right away, we should just make sure it stays down long enough to get the other two nodes in the center up.

Meanwhile, one of the two people on the manta that went to the first node should hang back with the levi with an avil and help defend the levi/node 1. The other person can head to either one of the other two nodes, the ones in the center on the sides and try and get those up.

Once all three center ones are up everyone can move in to their first node, although we may want to consider leaving someone with the levi still at the first node just in case.

:unsure: I hope all that made sense

Those seem like sound strategies. I definitely agree with using the Leviathan to defend the first node on Red Planet. If they decide to rush with theirs, it will at least nullify the threat: Levi-vs-Levi combat usually ends in mutual destruction...though I know if I were on Raptor duty, it'd be long dead before it got there.

n00b, only thing about your Torlan strategy is that it seems to ignore the Raptor and the Hellbender at the middle node. I think both would be more helpful than the Scorpion, though I may pick it up for Manta defense if we're being harassed.

I'll get more input in later, since I'm at work now. >8)

-hC

I like the Levi idea...park it out front of the node behind the cliff...and put one dude with a AVIRL behind our node along the cliff. Baddy out front...kill anything...sneaky guy go around back...get missle up arse.

If we lose all but base node then 4 stay and deffend primary while two take on the node "clokwise from our primary node"...its the most out of the way for the enemy to protect...and a quick path via manta to their primary for us.

Arctic stronhold...they're going to move fast with mantas and raptors...I'd say park our tank past our primary node overlooking it...manta pop up...boom...and then park one guy up top above primary looking for AVIRL targets.

We lose all but primary nodes, 5 deffend primary while tank moves clockwise again...do not defend node...takes out clockwise node...then hits their primary...meanwhile defending peeps keep lookout for spawning tanks on the bridge and kill when spawn.

Use spidermines around enemy nodes....