Any one play Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising?

ConGregation

We're looking to have CS2 and HL2 servers. Plans are already in the works. CS2 is August 20 allegedly?

Have you tried UT? We just finished our first UT ONS ladder match..and you would be AMAZED how fun the match was and how FAST it went!

Remember those 90 minute dragout matches in CS? This was, once we started the match, over in about 10 minutes! Granted, we took it to them fast and hard and our strats paid off, but it was still amazingly fast to be in the same general time as we started!

I'm glad you like UT. Personally I just can't stand the 'action' style games. Pretty disappointed with the game. Of course I would play anything (yes... even Barbie Pet Detective) if it meant playing with friends. But the community is so big and so many games out there that whenever I tried UT it was usually with a bunch of unknown peeps (swearing ones at that).

That is why I was piqued by JO. The very anti-thesis of 'action' games.

You're right, but in the part that you're right, I've really enjoyed. I now have new friends thanks to UT....and to be honest, the people that I started playing UT with (doh/dlm crew) I never see anymore.

Each person I played the other day with is a new friend through our new UT community. :wub::hug:

And yes, the swearing, etc...took some time, but now we have more control...like filters and more admins!

Someday when you're board and see some GC in there, give it a whirl!

I am truly looking forward to CS2 and HL2.

Is there a demo for JO?

I checked and there is. Thanks for asking :)

http://www.jointopsthegame.com/default.asp

I understand that you can make new friends in a game. I have even tried that with CoD. But it is so hard to find a group that stands for the things this one does. Plus has some cool guys to hang with. The problem with UT is the game couldn't hold me long enough to make new friends.

I think maybe I have passed the 'gaming stage' of my life and should just move on. But that would mean I am getting old and that is something I don't want to admit so I keep trying :blink:

Maybe you could learn to cross-stitch or something... :freak:

Downloading now.

Yeah, these freaks that I call my UT friends...there the kind that more or less inquired....and heck, now that there's a charge, you know they're serious.

Well, ok, we have a couple guys that pester the other good people out there. These guys are fun, tho....cept chipmunk...he's just a freak.

I can crosstitch very well, thank you.

Tried the demo. Has promise. I loved the fact that guys could man the helicopters thus bringing the term 'moving army' into effect. Had a blast on the dune buggy thing. Went over a hill, bounced off an aluminum roof, kept going!

It seemed kinda unfinished compared to most recent games. Weapon was kind of awkward and the model rendering was primitive. But it has the kind of gameplay I like PLUS 100 man servers.

I'll probably try it again tomorrow.

Played again today. Starting to really like this game.

First of all... the AS (advance and secure) works just like the UTK4 game mode (forget what you call it) with nodes and such. Which is a cool thing since its based on a more realistic damage system.

Secondly... vehicles! Helicopters, water transports, trucks, ATV doon buggies and humvees with the mounted machine gun are a very nice addition to gameplay. While their implementation is no where near the level of the UT2K4, they still function well and do their job. And with huge maps vehicles are a must. Combine that with 100 man servers and it really works well.

So gameplay (high damage as well) is well done. It lacks in physics and game engine. But this may just be due to my lackluster system. Going to have to reduce the settings even more and see if it helps. Again, models are just ok; but terrain looks very nice. Noticed a few bugs here and there. Like the truck doesn't really slow down in water. The thing was almost completely submerged and kept going at full speed. A few things like that makes it seem more like a well done mod than a full retail release.

But I keep going back...

rev, you really ought to check out America's Army.

www.americasarmy.com

it's the most team-based FPS ever made, in my opinion. the gameplay is nowhere near as fast as UT, Battlefield, or even CS, due to it's great realism. Graphics are good, but they don't need a stellar machine to run them on max detail. And best of all, the price couldn't get any better, it's totally FREE, brought to you by the good ole US Army.