What the heck?

An update for CS:CZ and HLTV has just been released. Steam will update itself automatically when you restart. CZ servers will need to be restarted in order to run this update. Here is a list of the changes:

COUNTER-STRIKE: CONDITION ZERO:

* Added de_truth_cz

* Added de_corruption_cz

* Improved accuracy of the player hitbox

* Improved bot knife fighting logic

* Improved bot behavior when all 32 player slots are filled

* Improved bot_auto_vacate behavior

* Improved behavior of footstep sound when jumping to a different surface type

* Improved behavior of weapon animations when switching weapons

* Improved behavior of brass ejection in relation to player's velocity

* Improved how smoke grenades come to rest

* Improved sv_restart behavior (limit is increased to 60 seconds)

* Improved hint message overwriting behavior

* Improved closed shield behavior

* Improved famas burst mode firing (matches the visuals)

* Improved display of locations shown under the radar

* Improved behavior of cycler_sprites on subsequent rounds (chickens on cs_italy, cs_italy_cz)

* Improved shield hitbox to be more accurate

* Improved behavior of team_say

* HE grenades no longer damage players through walls and other obstacles

* HE grenade damage and radius increased by 50% (to account for new behavior)

* HE, smoke, and flashbang crosshairs are now the same size

* Switching to the C4 or grenades no longer masks AWP firing sound

* Old-style menus can now choose Milita & Spetsnaz

* Crosshair doesn't show at round restart if a player has the shield closed

* Server prints team and player info in the console for chat messages

-hC

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I'm so happy right now that I don't play CZ...

BTW Fatty, maybe you can get Valve to fix the awp eh? eh? :)

I got to say that since I got cz I dont play cs much at all anymore. The servers are fastly growing in the numbers also. I thought when I first bought it that I got ripped off but with all the updates they been doing on it, it makes cz worth the money now. The AI of cz seems to be alot better. The maps are alot brighter, the skins are alot cooler, the sounds are way better and the new maps are always nice additions. The thing that really made me feel like I got my moneys worth was the upgrade to the hostiges, they actually got brains now, when you see them they talk to you, when u shot them or try to nade them they will yell look out and move and duck from them. The best thing is you can be on the other side of the room and look at them and they will say over here and you hit e(use button) and they come to you, this makes it much harder for the hostage campers to keep the hostiges, this also works for the t when you see them and there runing for the rescue point and you hit e (use button) they say ok ok I will go back now dont hurt me, and then proceed back to there spot or close by. When you got more then 1 hostige with you they actually run in zig zag formations behind you. So being a owner of cz and playing cs I must say that it seems like more time is being spent on cz then cs. Everytime I see big changes in cz like that I always go back and play some cs to see if it to has changed but who knows hl2 will be out soon and hopefully all these kewl changes and many more will be in the new cs and cz will be a ripp off again.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
It's only CZ, thankfully.

What? You like nades going through walls? What changes don't you like besides all of them?

Last time I checked if I was beside a wall and a grenade went off on the other side I'd be pretty hurt. Increasing their damage radius 50% makes them more nub and takes away skill involved in throwing them at the right spot.

* Switching to the C4 or grenades no longer masks AWP firing sound

Why not leave it the way it was? You obviously can't use the realism crutch because of the grenade changes, so why change it? It was like that for 5 years, so you suddenly decide to change it? :/.

can't use the realism "crutch" because of the grenades?

uumm...when was the last time you saw a grenade that went through a concrete wall? Actually...when was the last time you saw a grenade blow up?

:P

http://science.howstuffworks.com/grenade.htm

grenades do not blow up walls (at least not an effectively made one)...they might put a hole in the wall but it wouldn't be very large. On top of that, how often have you seen people walk through an exploding grenade in counter-strike with no problems? I've seen it way too often.

to me it looks like the grenade changes ARE more realistic...but tell ya what...go get some grenades and a few friends and then come back if you're still alive and tell us if we're wrong.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
can't use the realism "crutch" because of the grenades?

uumm...when was the last time you saw a grenade that went through a concrete wall? Actually...when was the last time you saw a grenade blow up?

http://science.howstuffworks.com/grenade.htm

grenades do not blow up walls (at least not an effectively made one)...they might put a hole in the wall but it wouldn't be very large. On top of that, how often have you seen people walk through an exploding grenade in counter-strike with no problems? I've seen it way too often.

to me it looks like the grenade changes ARE more realistic...but tell ya what...go get some grenades and a few friends and then come back if you're still alive and tell us if we're wrong.

Heard of RainBow 6? Go play it, seriously.

I never said anything about the damage Grenades do, I simply said if I was standing beside a wall and a grenade went off beside it, I think I'd have some damage done to me - but thanks for twisting my words.

How about we make it so if any part of a grenade explosion touches you, you instantly die? That sounds like a fun game. Let's make the grenade radius 50% larger too, so that anyone can make anyone die without any skill involved at all! GOGOGOGO!