Crucial Announcement

Hello All,

Just wanted to let you all know Crucial has come out with some aewsome gamer/enthusiast memory!! The link is here

This memory has many possibilities for you to explore. Please check it out and let me know what you think. If ou are looking to increase the speeds of your game or system this is the right choice for you.

Want to send me some to "test". :) I already maxed out my ram :( 1.5gigs of 3200.

**EDIT: Oh yeah I also have a question. What sets new ram aside from all the other high performance ram that other companies make? For instance I have Kingston Hyper X series. Whats the difference between their PC3200 and yours?

Kingston Hyper X Series PC 3200 512 Stick

Your Balistic PC 3200 512 Stick

For instance I have Kingston Hyper X series. Whats the difference between their PC3200 and yours?

the PCB and chips on the PCB bullet. Your HyperX is KHX3200, if its has an A in the code its not winbound chips, if theres no A its BH5.

what IC's does your CL2 512mb memory have ?

How well does it respond to voltage and overclocking ? Got any test result ?

hows it compare to winbound bh-5 and ocz's EB micron memory ?

<_< Thats the answer to your question... The actual black ram chips on the stick of ram is what sets them apart. The black squares bullet. :P the circuit board they are soldered to is the PCB, its made of multiple layers. Now days the high performance stuff comes with 'heatspreaders' so you can't actually see the chips w/out removing the spreaders which voids your warrenty if you aren't careful.

Thats why i asked what chips they have, these new crutial RAM's with CL 2, i assume CL2 = 2-3-2 and not 2-2-2 CrucialLabs ?

just read that they are indeed Micron chips, MMmmm, i'd like to see some results with these, but why doesn't Micron list any CL2 pc3200 chips on their site ? Micron

WOW.

It's about time.

I run Crucial in the majority of the 7 computers in my home.

I chose crucial over the rest mostly because of stability, reliability, and price.

However, I've always wondered why Crucial didn't offer a performance-oriented line of memory.

Now, however, one of the largest manufacturers of memory modules is the U.S. is stepping up to the plate to offer the kind of RAM that they should have always sold.

GG Crucial. :D

Can't wait to try the new stuff in a future build or upgrade.

I like the name btw.

Not to mention the color matches my copper heatsink on my ATI Radeon graphics card and salmon colored PCB of my ABIT board perfectly. ;)

For instance I have Kingston Hyper X series. Whats the difference between their PC3200 and yours?

the PCB and chips on the PCB bullet. Your HyperX is KHX3200, if its has an A in the code its not winbound chips, if theres no A its BH5.

what IC's does your CL2 512mb memory have ?

How well does it respond to voltage and overclocking ? Got any test result ?

hows it compare to winbound bh-5 and ocz's EB micron memory ?

All Kill3r, can't really tell you what IC's the modules have, they came to us with the heatsinks on. Sucks, wish I knew. How are the voltages on the modules? Well we are able to hit a FSB of 250MHz+ and it runs solid at 500MHZ. Really don't have any test results right now too new for us even to get out the results. I have personally pushed the modules over 250MHz in the BIOS with no issues. It will equal if not surpass the winbound and OCZ. We have not done a side by side so I am not sure.

what kinda timings could you do 250mhz with ? 3-2-2? 2.85v?

sounds promising but man do i wish you could do some testing with it.... im really looking for 2x512 that can take a decent OC, i only have to shoot for 245mhz and OCZ's EB is the only thing that can do this, but its so dang expensive... I really hope i see some results with this stuff you guys have, if it can do what the EB does for cheaper then i'll be a Crucial customer :D If not i'll have to stick with my BH5

thnx man.

Hi Crucial. Would you be interested in sending us some memory for FragFest04 which happens in 4 days? Got 70 gamers from this community gathering.

Check it out: http://www.fragfestohio.com

We'd love to spread some of your memory around and plug your name. You could ship it straight to the party! (sorry, too late to make it onto the shirt this year!)

All Kill3r,

I did get the memory up to 250MHz in the lab so I really don't think you will have an issue with pushing 245MHz. The timings were set to 2.8v, CL-2.5, Ras to Cas 4, Ras precharge 4. I know it does not sound like much but it was rock solid.

About Fragfest04, I am tech support for Crucial so I can not make the call on that. Check out this page and contact Erin for further info, she is the marketing director.