wow, poor sportsmanship

That was one of the worst series of games ever today. There were 3 or 4 good peeps on RED, and then two or more of the BLUE good peeps would switch over to RED. That would leave me, and TechnoGenius on BLUE and we'd get slaughtered. :(

It didn't help we had that Alex kid who would take all the goodies and then not do anything (it's OK if newer peeps play, but teams could try to balance it out).

Please try to even teams out and at least not switch to make it ridiculous. I even saw a GC player do it. Come on guys, you guys are better than that. Plus, you're good enough that if you went BLUE, we'd have had a spirited, competitive game. What's the point in playing otherwise? If at least one or two stayed, then I'd have kept playing but 10 (with 6 good peeps in the mix) vs 4 (2 good peeps in the mix) is no fun.

:(:(

Thanks for listening to my appeal to having fun games for everyone. :bang:

I make it a rule not to switch teams unless the numbers are uneven and I'll switch.

I've seen guys come in durring a sweep and switch to the winning side right away. I mean, who really wants to come in on a map that is already stacked. However, I stick it out and wait for the next round.

I have also seen peeps switch at the beging of a round so they are on the side of the experienced players, leaving the new guys on the other team. I delt with that when I started playing...and you know what...I got better...I played against Ub3r, Penty, Brainsfried, MadMatt, Tatto! and others before I ever played on the same teams and I got better cause I was playing good peeps.

I wish peeps would understand that, but for the most part alot of peeps are in to satisfy a quick fix for gamming...and loosing doesn't fit that type of addiction...we have to deal with those people.

In short, I understand where you are comming from. Unfortunately, we cant force a strong team to loose a few good players. We've tried with UAdmin mod, but the guys that were forced to switch manually change back to their winning side.

All we can do at this point is encourage players...and since you are pretty much a regular I'd ask for your help...its not only the guys with the GC tag on that can create a possitive environment for others...its up to the regulars as well.

In short, keep having fun and help others to have fun too. See you server-side. :peace:

I know it sucks...I have been in a position like that countless times. Many times, when a person is screaming "NEED ONE MORE PERSON PLZ" I switch, only to have the team I was just on lose a player or two so the teams are no longer even. I get tired of it after a while, especially when a server is almost full and people are joining all the time. Not sure what we can do about balance of skill on a team though, besides practicing what we preach, but it's pretty sad.

I did see some really poor sportsmanship today from technogenius, superman, and others who complained and swore quite a bit. There was a lot of swearing today, and it is really contagious on a server...someone gets frustrated and swears and others think its ok.

as far as the good guy switching to red... uber and i never play on the same team we wanted some love...

anyways it all ended up ok teams balanced out a map later.. penty random_noob joined etc.. turned out to be a fun battle on dawn i think it was...

i gotta have a break maybe figure out why i sucking so bad past few days.... gonna do some shooting drills with max level bot i guess :(

Thanks for the replys. Yeah, it's tough. I usually don't switch in the middle of the game either. It's tough with people coming and going, and usually if it's way unbalanced, it's almost over quickly anyway. I like to switch at the map rotation (or if it's starting the same map again for tie-breaks) and try to even it out. One or two peeps are OK as off-balanced, but it's the 10 vs 4 games that sux.

Just annoying when people switch to the winning team half way thru or at the end when they're loosing. Or yeah, sometimes just right at the beginning to stack a team. Some of the best games I've played is when I'm on a team with Korodas or Brillow and we're taking on a team of very good people. It's a fun challenge.

And it is fun to see someone you know and play with them too once in a while if you never get to, and it won't unbalance the teams too badly.

Heh, well Brillow, I have to say if that's how you got so good, maybe we all should be switching to loosing teams to get better. You crazy pancaking Manta driver you.

In the end, it's just a game. A stinkin, fun addictive game, but just a game. It's been fun. See ya on the servers dudes.

Keeping the teams even is very important to me. It keeps the games competitive, and leads to less frustration and better in-game conduct. Nothing gets people more ticked off than uneven teams.

If I see that the teams are uneven, I usually wait until the end of the round to see if anybody joins/leaves. If the teams are still not evened up, then I will switch.

As far as evening up for skill, that often times is hard to judge. I rarely, if ever, even teams based on skill. I usually just wait for the game to end and the next game teams are typically mixed a little better.

The most important thing is to keep an eye on the teams during a match. If the game is competitive, losing just two members of your team can make a HUGE difference. Also, on GC's server, it is important to count bots as well--sometimes they get way off balance, and nobody notices because the the team sizes are the same.

Honestly though, I have rarely run into a problem on GC's server and that is why it is one of my favorites. I know that Mountain_Dew always makes an effort to keep the teams balanced if they are horrendously stacked one way or the other, and I have seen Penty and other GC members do that as well.

Anyways, just my two cents.

Game on my friends!

-Kor

Many props for you guys bringing this issue to our attention. We rather have you say something to us instead of just getting fed up and leave the server. You guys are some of our regulars and great fun to play with. Any ideas or comments that can improve the server are always looked at and examined. Its all about keeping it fun :o

Brillow!

My best friend since high school and college roommate just graduated with his BS in Electrical Engineering! He's now working at Bullydog makin' the big bucks right out of college(they create chips that modify diesel trucks for higher performance--www.bullydog.com).

He did some sweet stuff while in college. He built CPU's (from scratch) and all sorts of circuits, as well as some sweet AMPS and speakers for our apartment.

Man, that is a MATH intensive field, but certainly a very promising one.

Good luck to ya.

-Kor

You're best friend and roommate is an overachiever and deserves the big pay if he homemade CPU's...I could scratch up an amp if I wanted to, but the signal would probably be noisy.

Yes it is math intensive...

My last project was a dynamic breaklight which adjusts in size depending on the breaking force. (no its not hooked up to the brake). I'd talk about it more but we are pursuing a pattent.

In fact, I work for Daktronics, maker of large scale dynamic communication systems (aka really fricken huge video boads, scoreboards and just about every electronic sports equipment known to man). Thats why I'm in Tenn right now...the Titans are getting a retrofit of their gameclocks from lightbulb matrix to LED digits and video control equipment.

Wow, I just figured out that montain dew is now semper_ubi...that explains a lot...I was wondering where the new peep with lots of skills came from all the sudden and always playing on our server...

Had a problem today with somebody switching teams and following me around...man it was bad...he did it about four times. I won't mention his name here but I did in the private forums.

Pretty clever Mr. Uber. :P That was my name when I played in old UT. I've been telling folk from there and from the LAN party, to come to MOBOCRACY. heh. Come and get pwned by Uber, Brillow, Penty, and all the other nice GC folk, like I get pwned. :rolleyes: You guys and your crazy Manta pancakes!

Those were some fun games - both with ya, and against ya. Yeah, those peeps kept following you. Most were even, then if one team would get behind a bit, they'd switch. Don't people know some of the best games are when you can come back? Or hold them off and win the next map for a tight 3-2 win? Oh well.

I think it was that last game that was the most crazy. I switched after the first map to try to make it even, then people complained and switched mid-game to the team that was winning, so Uber would have to switch too to balance it out again. Gah. :twitch:

Yeah, i was getting irked....you switched, then your team was down 2 people and was getting beat so I switched, then all of the sudden everyone follows me and the old team doesnt have enough peeps....this happened like 4 times. If you are one of these people, plz stop, or I may have to chip in $75 so I can kick you.