Ok my mic isnt working in game and i have no idea why. i have voice chat enabled and in the book it says to use F. But when i press F to talk no one can hear me. any ideas as to whats wrong?

Does it work in other applications outside of game? You can test using "Sound Recorder" in "Stat"-->"All Programs"-->"Accessories"-->"Entertainment" (for XP...path in different OS' may differe). Record something and play it back to see if it recorded.

Also, it might sound stupid and "duh"-ish but, verify that the mic is plugged in all the way and in the proper connection. Also, if you have a headset with volume control on the wire, check to make sure you didn't accidentally flip the mute switch (most headsets with volume control on the wire also have a mute feature as well).

Yup my mic works in all the other games i play so i have no idea why it wont work for this. Also does anything show up while your talking to let u know you are...like in CS it shows a little icon while your talking?

after it works under sound recorder in windows.. then just make sure in ut.. the little check box is checked and the key you bind is the correct key... :) btw you wont hear urself saying anything in ut.. but you will notice while you talk it mutes all other sound from the speakers...

as far as a good bind scheme i use:

e= forward

d=back

f=strafe right

s=strafe left

a=crouch

space=jump

shift=voice chat

r=rocket launcher

t=lightning gun

w=linkgun

v=flak

g=shock rifle

q=minigun

and then i got a mx510 so i got primary/secondary on mouse1/2

and then mouse 4 is switchweapon1 altfire (for instant shield)

and then mouse5 is use/switchweapon 10 so i can enter vehicles in onslaught or translocate in DM......

and mousewheel forward is best weapon and mousewheel back is previous...

hope that helps its a pretty easy system.. and with a ergo keyboard it simulates a notromo pad pretty good without spending the 40 bucks..

thanks guys ill give it a try and see what happens. oh yea any good advice or help is more then welcome too since this is my first time playing any UT. ive been all CS and DOD since they were both released really....CS since beta 2 and DOD since well uh i can remember, but yea i could use lots of help :)

To answer your question, yes a little green bar slides out from the left and should say what channel you're talking on (as mentioned, public or team). Mine shows a little above halfway on the left.

I can't help much in the way of mic problems but if you want playing advice...when you see me comming at you in a Manta...don't move...it is inevitable...I will run you over...and if I don't it will make me all the more determined...muha...muhahahahaha.

but yeah, try spectating a few of us GC guys or some of the regulars...you'll pick thing up pretty fast.