another question

Dennis

sorry i was in a hurry while typing this, ok i work at radioshack and our company is bunch of idiots, trying to tell us that a celeron is better then a pentium4 and im like the heck it is. the pentium4 is better but im being argued with since the company said else wise. oh and i agree AMD is better anyway....also doesnt intel have another processor above the pentium?

There are several versions of the Pentium 4, different cores, but the only processor Intel has other than the Celeron and Pentium 4 is the Xeon which is primarily for servers or workstations. As far as I know anyway.

They don't call it a "Celery" for nothing. What can make the Celeron look as good (I would say as good but not better) is the L2Cache. Just glancing at it, you see that the L2 Cache transfer rate runs at full speed while the P4 runs at half speed (not sure why, maybe because of heat) but if you look closer you will see that the P4 always has twice as much L2 Cache memory than the Celery.

They don't call it a "Celery" for nothing. What can make the Celeron look as good (I would say as good but not better) is the L2Cache. Just glancing at it, you see that the L2 Cache transfer rate runs at full speed while the P4 runs at half speed (not sure why, maybe because of heat) but if you look closer you will see that the P4 always has twice as much L2 Cache memory than the Celery.

since when did the P4 have half speed L2 cache? It has been full speed since it went on die back in the P3 days