Ale-8-1

Playaa

so I gave my roommate some Ale81 and he enjoyed it, and we gave some to friends (I only had a 6 pack from the LAN) and they enjoyed it to. So today I did some research into buying some over the internet...for the price it costs to have 2 cases (48 bottles) shipped to me I could get 8 cases straight at the warehouse, so that led me to making some calls about being able to pick up some cases at the warehouse, which then led to distributions...

and I find out that they are more than willing to have a distributer in the St. Louis Missouri area.

So has anyone in the community actually done distributions like this before? I'm looking for some advice, not sure how interested I am in doing this. First I bought a couple cases and I'm going to see how well they go over with friends and family, then if they go over well I may just drive out to the warehouse in Kentucky and buy 20 to 30 cases and see how easily I can get rid of those, etc. Depending upon how all that goes, I may become a distributer...but I don't really think I'd do well with that responsibility...I guess it depends on how easy the things go in this area.

any advice out there?

well if you go down to the landing and pass some out and try to market it to the bars you may be able to get some business. I don't know how profitable this would be for you, but having the guts to take the unknown leap into business is an awesome feeling!

well for one thing, it's a soda not a beer (even though it's called "Ale"). The name Ale-8-1 comes from the words "A late one".

but yeah, first I'm definatly going to see how much people in the area like it.

*edit*

it's basically a ginger-ale with some fruit flavoring (but the company won't tell what)

Not sure if the peeps are actually even reading Playaa's entire post? :unsure:

...First I bought a couple cases and I'm going to see how well they go over with friends and family, then if they go over well....

my advice..

get a few cases for you and your friends and enjoy it.

Wise words.

n00bs! :freak:

Or maybe we were just saying, buy some (more) of it (Ale-8-1) for you and your friend(s). Drink some (with them). Enjoy. (disperse as necessary)

Repeat as supply/desire allows.

:twitch:

yea Tape. I think Fatty's the one not reading everything.... lol

I made that recommendation meaning that i don't think Playaa should waste his time trying to market Ale-8-1. He should just do as he said and buy some to enjoy with his friends/family.

NOOB !

you know how much Ale-8-1 you would have to sell to make money doing it... it would have to be a full time thing.

should i have recommended him to quit his job and start trying to sell this Ale-8-1 for a living hoping that things work out ? :twitch:

Sweet man! I'm glad that you're that enthusiastic about Kentucky's soft drink. Most of my family is from Winchester, Kentucky where Ale-8 is made, and I've drank it all my life. Between Timmay and I, we can put some away! In central Kentucky, you can buy returnable Ale-8 bottles that have a 20 cent deposit per bottle. We saved all our bottles one semester and ended up returning over 50 6-packs. If you go to the plant in Winchester, be sure to take a tour, visit the gift shop, and check out all the old memorabilia that they have there. Oh yeah, one more thing. Timmay and I have hypothesised the Ale-8 heirarchy. There are different forms and containers of Ale-8, and some are better than others (even though it's the same drink). Here's the heirarchy from best to worst (which is still good)

Returnable Bottles - Fountain Ale-8 - Non-Returnable Bottles (what we had at the lan) - 20 oz. Plastic Bottles - Aluminum Cans. That's about it, I hope you have fun sharing Ale-8 with others!

actually Killer, without even a distributers discount, buying a case of Ale-8-1 means I get them at 38 cents a bottle. All I'd hafta do is be the go between for maybe 2 or 3 gas stations and have the stuff delivered straight there and assuming they'd sell at $1.00/bottle (the going rate in my area for a bottle of soda at a gas station) and the gas station got a 40 cent profit per bottle, I'd still be making double my investment per case.