Cuffo Maintenance

Some changes to the Cuffo server were made tonight which should make it a much more enjoyable place to play:

- Download redirect + compression now works. Instead of waiting 4 days to download 16MB of Cataldi Park, you download 5MB in 15 seconds. >8)

New Maps Added:

-------------------------

+ ONS-BoilingParadise

+ ONS-CanyonRun

+ ONS-CataldiPark

+ ONS-MarioIsland

+ ONS-P3846

+ ONS-Torlan-[PhoenixParadise] <-------- yuck

+ ONS-RangerMSU

+ ONS-UrbanStrike

Map Removed:

---------------------

- ONS-CataldiParkBeta2

More changes are pending, so stay tuned for new improvements and be sure to let me know of any suggestions or criticisms you might have. Enjoy the new and improved Cuffo...under new management!!! See you in game! >8)

-hC

ONS-Torlan-[PhoenixParadise] - is that the screwed up one with multiple towers, instantly respawning levis, and the dumb pink-shooting tanks? If so, what in God's name is that doing on the server?

Anyhoo, now that the download times don't suck, I might have to frequent Cuffo more... um... frequently!

^_^ <-This smiley is still the best

You can blame me for all the new map selections. Yes ONS-Torlan-[PhoenixParadise] is the one with all the towers and respawning leives. Sometimes pure firepower is fun. =)

Your eyes are supposed to hurt after Mario's Island.

Mario's Island and ONS-Torlan-[PhoenixParadise] are really the only ones I wanted in... just because. Toon Country is there just for looks, play should be decent, but I've only played it against bots so am unsure. The rest are all decent maps. Although Moonlight gets some complaints because every node has 2 or 3 links.

You guys ever though about implementing score voting on Cuffo? That way, however many points you earn during the match is how many votes you can cast.

I liked havin' score voting on servers where I absolutely hated a few maps (such as phoenix paradise) that ALWAYS got voted for. If I happened to have a particularly good game, I found comfort in the fact that I could play a large part in preventing the same 3 maps from being played over and over again.

However, it works both ways. The high scores are typically the same people--it may end up skewing the rotation.

-Kor

It is possible to switch maps mid-game. If everybody presses the vote key and selects the same map, the map will switch.

Of course, fat chance of everyone figuring out what their vote key is, and having them agree on the same map... but in theory it is possible. ;)