Reformatting help

Crowbar

Got a couple questions about a reformat I'm doing on a friend's computer.

1st: I'm trying to reformat this computer, but I can't get into the BIOS to set the CD drive as the primary boot device, due to the fact that during boot up it doesn't show what key to push. I've tried F1, F2, Delete and Tab, doesn't seem to work. I installed Windows but it didn't format, instead another partition was created during installation of Windows. So, how do I format (right clicking on the disk icon and selecting "format" doesn't work), and install a fresh copy.

2nd: My copy of Windows, a legitimate copy, has been activated too many times, so after 30 days a new CD key will have to be purchased. I know there's a way around the registration process, can anyone PM me with either a website or the directions on how to skirt the activation process and not have to buy another copy? I don't really feel like waiting 90+ hours to download WinXP Pro and then have it not work.

#1 F1, F2, F5 (might try all Fkeys) del and spacebar have all been used in my experience to get to bios. Have you tried making bootable floppies? If the PC is set to do an A drive seek on boot that may help.

#2 Well it's unethical but there are tons of Windows XP cracks out there. I don't know the name of them but if you have a program like DC++ or WinMX or Kazaa or any other filesharing program with a search feature try searching for windows xp activation crack. My friend Travis uses one that lets you update and everything. I could ask him what it's called and maybe even set it up for you to download if you want.

Personally I absolutely hate the activation process. I think if I buy a program, I should be able to install/reinstall it on my PC as many times as I want. Poop on the evil empire lol

What model of mobo is it (if it is a dell, gateway, compaq, etc, give us the manufacturer). As for "registration", I don't have to worry about that as I use the corporate version (get it legitimately through work). Sorry.