CS:S Beta

Lunk

Be nice if they would finally release this thing.

It's sad that people can go play the hacked version, but people that actually paid money to play are being held up cause valve thinks it's cool to be a tease.

Steam can go places, but they seem afraid to use it to its full potential.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Just got home. Finally hooked up the ground to my Cable Modem. Still no beta. I am a little tinkled now. I almost went home early for this.

I'd venture to say as soon as the steam forums are back up, source will be running. It was ridiculous the amount of traffic they were getting on the MB just during the preload alone. And now that it is to be playable today, I'd hate to imagine the amount of posts they'd be getting right now about "I can't play it yet, has it started?"

I do think they took the forums down on purpose due to the radical amount of traffic, but if the game lives up to all the hype that is being generated by it, I don't mind waiting past the suggested release date.

Too many people get tinkled off because they miss the proposed release date/time, but just think of how tinkled they would be if they decided not to give a release date at all, you wouldn't know it's out until it's already out. So I think steam is doing a good job with handling the harsh critizism and are still focusing on what they set out to do.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Gabe posted that it will be playable at 10pm eastern in the HL2fallout.com forums. They are getting hammered hard though and their database can't take it.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
(edited)
http://69.84.33.222/gcftp/bullet/CSS/

I put up some screenies. I'm at a lan right now and I'm using my friends account ^_^ CS:S is awsome!

Yeah, I really enjoy it a lot. I am hoping for new maps soon though. Dust is getting old. Hell, dust was old 4 years ago. The new awp though is awesome. Even the Autosnipes are good. I can't wait for the community to get into this so we can all play on a server without swearing, tking, nimrods who cause problems or spam the mic. Need MMMM discipline.

What's great is that you can run onto some bodies and know where the shooter was by the placement of the bodies. It adds all new dimension to how you play the game.

Edited by zerodamage