Beta Servers

Fatty

I have the option to download the files it takes to run a dedicated beta server inside of my steam control panel.

So I'm guessing you need to have a cd key for CZ or an ATI bundle key in order to run a server.

Either way I can't seem to play at all today on either one of the computers the game is on.

Worked fine last night. :unsure:

Is it just me or does this game seem to get boring after a day of play? I think if you get the beta Fatty it comes with the option to make a server. I made one lastnight to see the game becasue when I first joined there was only like 30 servers and they were all full.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Well the posibilites are endless with this cs source. You can use the dead bodies as indication as to where the killer is according to body placement. You can use barrels and what not to your advantage in certain ways. I prefer how the game feels and plays.

The reason why it is boring is because it is just Dust. That map was old 4 years ago, lol. They need to release like 4 or 5 more maps and then the beta will be something interesting.

We also need a community server so we can play together. Then we can have fun. I see tons of wierd maps being made for cs source in the future.

Shoot the barrel

Knife the can

Back flip off the end. Can you imagine this game with low gravity, you can shoot the heck out of a floating body and watch it spin around.

There are tons of things that can be done. I really love the game play so far. Much more so than the original CS. The new Awp play style is excellent and much more responsive. The colt is even better.

Anyone know what it takes to run a beta server? Are people hosting them with a key or is there a dedicated server package for the beta or wut?

It's the same as a regular server. Actually, just update a regular server with the -game "Counter-Strike Source" option and it'll be CS:S.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
(edited)
How do you keep servers in your favorite list. Mine keep disappearing

I have the same problem man. Gets irritating after a while.

Edited by zerodamage

Has anyone else ran into the problem of people in the game pausing it and making it go into convulsions for everyone else? How annoying and why would they make this command available to everyone in the game?