MoboII Issues

Penty

Of the two maps I played today, I only noticed it on RedPlanet. My ping was often at close to 200. At times my ping would be great -- about 80, but the map would still be choppy and others would still complain about the lag.

On ArcticStronghold, my ping stayed under 100. I did experience brief moments of "choppiness" on that map, but it wasn't enough to be a problem for me.

Mk5 made the observation that it is typically occurring on the larger maps. If so, could it be that when the server is full it is experiencing trouble handling these larger maps?

-Kor

I noticed my ping averaging 125 on redplanet with the occasional PL of about 3 but then on arctic it went to an average ping of 60 and 1-2 PL. I have no clue whats up but I have noticed that I seem notice lagging more often on redplanet. Whether this is because I am lagging more on that map or I just notice it more because I hate that map I don't know.

I also have noticed that reserve, spectator, and the auto-admin-login arn't working (mutate uam_save gives a message that the feature isn't enabled).

Just a lil fyi so you know when your working on the server chipper.

Edit: You spelled mobo wrong penty, I corrected it.

Heres the other thread on the same topic.

Crashes will happen.

Lags gonna happen periodically.

Another thought is that if we go stock, we lose too much besides the reserves...like messges and swear filter to name a couple.

Let me ask you guys that keep posting up about lag a question: what would you have us do? The game servers will never be perfect. I've never seen so many complaints about servers in my life, and we've had some pretty laggy servers in our time. This is not what the ticket forum was for....

I'll pin a topic about what to do when you see lag, cause if I told the ISP every time you guys told us, they'd give me the same answers.....