So..hmmm...

Flitterkill

So, yeah, not a GC member but have been hanging on these servers for at least a month now - mobo first and now Mobo II.

No mic so the harsh language can't be it...

Majority of my text posts in-game are gg or wow.

Just before 10pm, Friday, Sept. 10th (Indiana time whatever that is these days - central or eastern)

Flitterkill

Onslaught - Dawn

MoboII server.

Now, if this was a kick to make room for GC members that's cool but it just kicked me mid-game and said "permanent" ban.

email to pester is hyperactiveChipmunk@

Well, at least it made me register on these forums if anything else...

I should be playing World of Warcraft anyways seeing as I got in on that stress beta which ends on Sunday. Still, playing nicely and getting banned is annoying...

Anyone?

I might have accidentally banned instead of kicked you, if this is the case I'm sorry.

In all honesty I can't remember ever kicking you though, I tend to kick people with low score / non-regulars when I'm making room for members and you usually fall under neither of the above qualifications.

GC Board Member

Thanks all - I really should join given how much I hang on this server - maybe when ye' olde first paycheck hits at the end of the month.

Great server - though maybe a few new ONS maps from the Community Bonus Paks wouldn't be a bad idea :) (and no more Primeval - which should really be called "meat grinder" - or at least limit it to just one go through - I think I played a match on the old mobo server where it got to be so painful that we all agreed to just have one side give up to cycle the map...)

Thanks again!

-F

I tend to kick people with low score / non-regulars when I'm making room for members and you usually fall under neither of the above qualifications.

You should not be manually kicking anyone for this reason. If the reserves don't work, then Chip will make them work.

QUOTE (Mk5 @ Sep 11 2004, 12:39 PM)

I tend to kick people with low score / non-regulars when I'm making room for members and you usually fall under neither of the above qualifications. 

You should not be manually kicking anyone for this reason. If the reserves don't work, then Chip will make them work.

What he said.

I dug this out of the Admin Rules

Admin Restrictions

When acting as an admin for Mmmm, you should NEVER:

·         use admin to give yourself an unfair advantage.

For all the /-=GC=-/ members without admin...using your admin powers to kick someone so you can play would border on giving yourself an unfair advantage.

I've done this not just for myself but for other GC members as well...who can't get in because the server is full. I do see where you two are coming from but I see this as a temporary fix until reserves are working (They haven't been working since mobo2 went live, I think they might be working now?).

In all honesty it is members, not pubers, who pay for membership who should have priority over pubers because their membership fee helps pay for the servers.

If you think that kicking people to make room for members is wrong then I'll stop even though I don't agree with you because what I'm doing is exactly the same thing that the reserve programing will do when it is working again except that you don't have to actually tell the reserve program "hey, the servers full! can you kick someone to let me in mk5?".

I've got no problems if you're helpen out the regular /-=GC=-/ crew too...

When the reserve program is working it will give a reason to the kicked player as to why they were forced out of the game, the lack of communication when an admin does it can create confustion or frustration as to FilterKillers case, in the future it might be better to post on webadmin counsole that you're gonna kick someone to make room for clarity sake.

At any rate...my 2 cents...Chipper is in charge of the reserver slots...let him fix it.

side note: Filterkiller has been around since I started pubing mobo...so technically, he is a regular. :peace:

You kicking people and the server removing people to make room is not the same thing.

Do not do this anymore for anyone, reg, member, or whoever.

Any more questions or discussion on this should take place in the privates. I'll assume the issue with Flitter is resolved.