Abit does it again

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

They've failed me again with their pos motherboards. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to get my main system back up and running. I am on my wife's laptop now. Damn bios just crapped out. We did a report on this on DH in the past and it happens once again. I am absolutely sick of their garbage bioses. I am done using their boards. This is the same board that took me 3 attempts to get a working replacement for when they kept sending me DOA motherboards. Now I am tinkled off. Saturday is only about half over, I had work to do and now can not do anything.

A warning to all of you. Stay away from Abit AMD motherboards. The problems are many and they can just out of the blue quit on you. So if you ever see a post code 90, that is when your bios on NF7's and ANy's are supposed to start. If it stops there and a CMOS clear doens't work, then your motherboard is dead.

A warning to all of you. Stay away from Abit AMD motherboards. The problems are many and they can just out of the blue quit on you.

i feel bad that your bios died, but Abit is a top notch MB maker. Your (or a handful) experience doesn't change this. All the world records on Socket A are on Abit boards. I myself use Abit and love them and their bios.

3 DOA boards in a row ? sounds user related, sorry. I remember you bashing Abit before, and once again i have to say that a few bad experiences are bound to happen when you make millions of boards. No MB maker has a perfect record.

I don't hate Crucial because i spent 300 bucks on their RAM and it craps out the next day, errors happen in the PC world, its electronics. Now if this problem was wide spread you would have a legit reason to tell people to stay away from the company, but isolated incidents are just that. For you maybe you should try a new company, for most Abit it OK, and one of the best.

a new bios chip costs 10 bucks so you know, your board isn't trash. I replaced mine a while back when mine died (was my fault, not Abit's)

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Ak, do not insinuate that it is user error. I did a report on Driverheaven some months ago about this same exact issue of Bios's just dying for no reason. This is an issue as I've done the research on the topic. Abit has issues with bios's and this is my 4th board with bios failures. The system just died after my last shutdown. I hit the power button, sits on error 90. That is a failed bios. Now do a search on Google for that error and the problems are widespread. Now I am sure many will never have a problem. Most do not. But this problem is bigger than it should be. Do the research, then comment. Your insinuation did not please me in the least.

sorry dude, im not trying to insult you.

Do the research, then comment.

A google search gave me one hit on an AN7 with postcode 9f which is basically the same. anyways, definately not widespread.

again, sorry to hear your bios died man, it happens. If you don't know of a reseller for bios chips speak up and i'll give you the place i got mine from.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

The majority of Abit's problems with Nforce2 boards is failed Bios's.

I will not put anymore money into this nforce2 socket-a based system. I've been slowly upgrading my parts over the past couple of months for a future plunge into the 64-bit cpu arena and this is now the time. I will RMA the entire board to Abit and then sell it later.

Edited by zerodamage

I don't hate Crucial because i spent 300 bucks on their RAM and it craps out the next day

You ever get a replacement man>?

I'll prolly continue to buy ABIT for the foreseeable future.

the NF7-S 2.0 is the best motherboard I have ever owned, which is prolly why I have 3 of them and 2 of my friends have them. All of them are running overclocked Athlon XP's, 4 of which are running @ 3200+ speeds or higher. The that isn't clocked @ 3200+ or higher contains a 2000+ athlon xp that is clocked @ 2400+ levels.

Buddy of mine has had problems from ABIT and intel chipsets, but most all of the problems were directly related to insanely high Overclocking situations or user error.

ABIT boards are bullet proof when it comes to running a computer @ stock speeds, and are at the top of my list when it comes to wanting a board that will overclock.

I believe it about abit.

No ones perfect. Honda and toyota both have recalls so abit can produce some crap boards. There is no way around the fact this it is possible.

I'm now a Asus hater as I've many probs with asus' boards. Everone tells me its the user. Whatever.

I'm trying foxconn no matter if the whole world tells me they suck.

I've got one and it works great. No probs and tons of features.

Aug