Ethics/Morals question

Playaa

Oh, and this is the type of stuff that gets litigated in civil cases quite a bit. It's proximate cause analysis when looked at from a legal perspective. Let me get a quick quote that may shed some light here, at least on how the law sees it.

Fun comment: Oh, great shot with the spelling comment. Your thanking me sarcastically for the insult immediately after that is the funny part.

and you decide to go out cruising in his territory

Here you are, giving rights and respect to the offender. Actually, you're setting him up with an excuse rather.

I'd question you and your heart, and your willingness to so quickly play the blame game. I'd challenge you personally, the same person who talks about praying for others and being a Christian, to consider who you are following in your life. I don't sense much grace in you at all, but yes, I do sense your need to blame and to set grace and other Christ-like qualities completely aside here and elsewhere. It's the coldness.

Do you know any missionaries from your church? Do you discourage them from going into harm's way because if something happens you'd have to say i'll be their fault if they get hurt? It's that exact logic, combined with the blame game, that creates this pessimistic, self-centered world that you seem to suggest.

You will probably tell me now that I've brought too many unrelated things into one small picture....but I would answer that it's ALL related...directly.

I'd question you and your heart, and your willingness to so quickly play the blame game. I'd challenge you personally, the same person who talks about praying for others and being a Christian, to consider who you are following in your life. I don't sense much grace in you at all, but yes, I do sense your need to blame and to set grace and other Christ-like qualities completely aside here.

Question away, your opinion does not matter all that much to my beliefs. I know who I am following and the correct way to live my life. Because I do not pity the woman for knowingly putting herself in this situation now means I have no grace? LMAO. Perhaps this was God punishing her for all the sins she had just committed...

Do you know any missionaries from your church? Do you discourage them from going into harm's way because if something happens you'd have to say i'll be their fault if they get hurt? It's that exact logic, combined with the blame game, that creates this pessimistic, self-centered world that you seem to suggest.

I am actually going on a missionary trip in March with a group from our church. We are going to Puerto Rico to build houses and help restore some homes for two weeks. Now if we were to go to Iraq to do this and get caught and beheaded, we would be just as much to blame by knowingly putting ourselves in that much danger.

This is not a self-centered view of the world, it is a realist view. You are also responsible when you put yourself in harm's way. This girl above did this. If you knowingly walk down known mugger alleys in New Orleans and get mugged, it is just as much your fault. But hey - many are turning to blaming others for their own lack of common sense...

EDIT

I'm headed, well, ironically right into the soul.

It seems you want to prove your way is the "right" way. It may be for you but it is not for others. Trying to say this issue is a direct reflection of someone's lack of "christianity" or "grace" is, as you put it earlier, ridiculous.

Edited by soul .gc

Ok, the short and quick of it focuses on foreseeability. It only gets more complicated from there, as it's factually based, i.e. a jury question.

So again, it goes back to the blame game and how you see the world.

Not sure I made this clear, just putting it out there.

hhmm...I fully enjoy how a nice discussion topic can so easily turn into an argument.

yayZ0RZ!!!eleventy!!!one!!!shift!!!lolz0rz!!!

seriously though. No need to enter in a discussion at all if you can't keep it civil.

hhmm...I fully enjoy how a nice discussion topic can so easily turn into an argument.

yayZ0RZ!!!eleventy!!!one!!!shift!!!lolz0rz!!!

seriously though.  No need to enter in a discussion at all if you can't keep it civil.

Heated doesn't mean non-civil. If you didn't want anyone who believe strongly about anything to back up what they feel, then you should have made it a closed poll.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

This seems fairly simple to me. The woman was stupid for doing what she did but she isn't to blame. The rapist is the one that did the raping and killing, he is to blame.

It's sort of like blaming Mcdonalds for being fat as though you are forced to eat there. It is like blaming your cable company for being lazy as though Adelphia forced you to sit there and watch tv 18 hours a day.