teamspeak and CS:S problem...

linch

OK, last night I decided I would load up teamspeak to talk to a buddy of mine because the ingame voice-comm is crap, and all I get is crackling (not ghosting). The bug.. When I load up teamspeak, and I load up CS:S, Source thinks my up/down/left/right keys are all the shift key????? The shift key in CS:S is my switch to last weapon, so all I do is switch weapons in game. In teamspeak I use the P button which is not used in CS:S.

I went in to key mapping, and try rebinding them. If I shut down teamspeak its perfectly fine. When I have teamspeak up, it doesnt matter if im connected to a server or not. Any ideas?

I know its not the keyboard... I tried a different one. My up/down/left/right keys work fine in anything else.

Anyone have this problem has found a solution... please post up.

Very odd Linch, I am going to assume you were in Bradack's TS server since he mentioned you being in there yesterday and I know he was playing some CS: S with you. I myself use voice activation in TS because most of the time I'm in that server it is for WoW and playing an MMO I just have so many keys to hit already that having an additional one to talk would be an inconvenience. btw how do you reach the P key while playing an fps? :P that one confuses me. That said I have no problems with TS and CS: S. Try using voice activation in TS and make sure you are using the latest version I guess. I have no internet at home anymore so I can't test anything but I had no problems and I know that Bead didn't or Bradack if you remember the other day when all 4 of us were in TS and 3 of us were playing.

I found the problem with teamspeak. Appartently if you have teamspeak set for direct input, it messes up your directX settings, which in return affects the keyboard settings. I found this on the teamspeak boards. I guess this also happens in Battlefield, and a few other games. Answer is to use wave settings, and also to diable direct input in the settings.