I didn't even think about dial-up. I don't even know how dial-up users can play. I mean I feel sorry for them because up until about 8 months ago I had it. I had cable then dsl then when I moved here to WV I had to live with dial-up for about a year. :yuck: I rarely used my computer during those dark days. Sometimes I would turn it on and just stare, remembering when.....

> (None) Insecure Client: [koo-koo]Chuck failed a check on the character Annika

Looks like somebody edited their default textures/animations...I love antiTCC in that I can see all this stuff over webadmin but the ingame lag is enoying although I think its worth it.

should set min speed requirement to 100 ping... dialup is fading fast.. and few people are playing these games on dialup... would fix that whole everyone slow down factor...

and jessica alba .... i blame you for the yankees loosing.. stop wearing jeter out before the games....!!!! but im glad that free clinic was helping you..

100 Ping might be pushing it a little. Around here in Winnipeg, Canada, pretty much all of the Internet connections to USA servers go through Toronto first, and that isn't terribly kind on the ping times. I usually get around 75ms on Mobo, but Cuffo lands me something like 120ms.

I think a bandwidth limit might be more appropriate - if you can't receive at least 10KB/s then out you go! I'd figure that the server having to throttle output to fit 56kbps is a big cause of lag.

BTW: anybody know why players sporadically say "GAMERSCOALITION.COM"? (not on voice - the type area) Are they actually doing this, or is the server putting words in their mouths?

Guest Squish
Guest Squish
Guest Squish
Guests

Are you serious? haha! I was wondering why people were constantly spamming the URL during game play. That's hilarious! Brilliant idea too...

Why thank you! :D We started doing this long ago on our Counter-Strike server. It's just one of those things that just works out perfectly.

mrX is responsibile for making it happen on CS (not source yet) and Chipper brought the brilliance to life here on the UT side of things.