Whats the best video card?

Gond

It runs...just not correctly. Sometimes it only uses 3/4 of the screen and when it goes full screen it's like 3/4 of the screen is right and the rest is there but all the text is cut off to the 3/4 of the screen...bizarre. I'll get the via drivers tonight and see what happens. I guess I should also try 640x480 resolution but ick...LOL

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
Ok, I see the control panel software you speak of.  I'll get that tonight also and see if it helps.  Thanks

Gond make sure you have the latest directx 8.1 installed also. Remember this card is a Directx9 part. when that is released (supposed to be in the next week or two from my sources) you will be all set for directx9 games and demo's and what not. You will however not get the most out of your card until you upgrade your cpu and etc.

I hope you uninstalled your old card drivers before installing these or you could have some problems for a while. That is kind of what i think the problem may be.

I did uninstall the old drivers & all the ATI software. I was back to the old basic VGA drivers before powering down to slap this card in. Hopefully it's more the VIA, Control Panel and I'll check the DirectX drivers as well.

Guest Navy
Guest Navy
Guest Navy
Guests

beware ATI they have the worst drivers out there today trust me on this one. And thnks to Tape for practicing with me :)

Guest catalystgs
Guest catalystgs
Guest catalystgs
Guests

I got the newest ATI drivers last night and I love them. I now get 70-90 fps constantly (that's even after I turned the image quality up).

Well, finally got it. I installed the new VIA drivers & the control panel and it did the same thing on OpenGL. I then switched from 800x600 to 640x480 and went in the game...got a pretty solid 70fps (not bad from my previous 30). Exited, switched all my settings to Max Quality and behold...800x600 started working just fine...70fps. I think something must have been funky and the 640x480 kicked it cause I'd tried the Max Quality before...I think.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
Well, finally got it.  I installed the new VIA drivers & the control panel and it did the same thing on OpenGL.  I then switched from 800x600 to 640x480 and went in the game...got a pretty solid 70fps (not bad from my previous 30).  Exited, switched all my settings to Max Quality and behold...800x600 started working just fine...70fps.  I think something must have been funky and the 640x480 kicked it cause I'd tried the Max Quality before...I think.

excelent. welcome to a new world of AF. you can turn that on to 8x easy on your system with little or not system hit. AND BEHOLD CLEAN TEXTURES. can't do that well on any GF card right now.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
got my 9700 pro for 237 bucks shiped.

where from? that is nice

who knows where i can get the latest info on tweaking programs for cards like the 9700 pro.I found the rage3D Tweak 3.6 but compare that with the geforce tweaker its a piece of crap. rt out of the box the card is awsome but i wanna tweak it a lil, just dont know how

i use windows xp home, aim me at lowdownsouthdawg if you can help. Thanks in advance

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
who knows where i can get the latest info on tweaking programs for cards like the 9700 pro.I found the rage3D Tweak 3.6 but compare that with the geforce tweaker its a piece of crap.  . . . .

Try Powerstrip. I use the Rade3d tweaker myself. Easier to use and less chance of screwing things up.

Guest reverand
Guest reverand
Guest reverand
Guests

think i should get a driver update for my radeon 8500 le 128mb? i just run it from the driver cd i bought it with ;)

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
think i should get a driver update for my radeon 8500 le 128mb? i just run it from the driver cd i bought it with ;)

yeah, of course. get the latest 2.5 drivers and control panel files. Great performance increase.