LCD/CRT?

TheBugs

Well the monitor on the computer downstairs has been flipping out for a while and its really old anyway. Finnaly bit the dust the other day. Now the dilema is that i will be going to college at the end of next summer and am planning on bringing my 17" flat CRT which i love for gaming. But Im thinking that if i get a LCD it will take up ALOT less space. Just wondering if they are good/bad for gaming since im planing on doing some in college :P. If i went LCD then this monitor will be going downstairs to the other comp.

Thanks in advance! :)

As far as I know, Flat LCD monitors aren't very good for Gaming(There was controversey at CPL this past summer when they elected to use LCD screens from their sponsor and there was a huge uprising cause nobody wanted LCD screens). Their refresh rates aren't as high as CRT's. These days you can get very very cheap good CRT monitors.

LCD's are amazing though for picture quality etc. so you really have to outweigh your uses on each.

I'm sure the other tech heads will help here.

If i was a hardcore gamer that wanted every little advantage go with CRT. Else I would chose LCD and in all honesty I would choose nothing less than 19 inches, even if it meant I had to get a CRT over a LCD.

I have a Viewsonic 19" flat screen (not panel) (18" viewable) that has amazing picture quality. Only $220 at newegg! Best specs that I saw for 19" monitors. Be warned, this thing is huge! I mean literally, huge. And kinda heavy. But none the less, amazing monitor.