General J

Ok, so this is with a new game and a new dvd drive! Now it is telling me HL21.cab is corrupt! I was having this same problem when attempting to install Far Cry and Red Alert 2, which both use .cab files before when I had a different DVD rom. I switched to my old cd-rw drive from an old compaq, and that worked to install both games. I rma'ed my drive back to newegg for my current drive. Not even a week ago, I installed Far Cry and Red Alert 2 with my new DVD-rw drive with NO PROBLEMS what so ever. Now with HL2 it is back to telling me that the .cab files are corrupted! GRRR!!

note that I know about the issue with only installing HL2 and not CS:S. I am, of course, trying to install both and it is still giving me the Error 1335 message! Anyone have any clue what could be going on here? Why would the drive work one week, then not work the next? :bang::bang:

general it may be a registry problem which can be erratic.

are you using any symantac software?

you may want to look into registry issues. I had a similar prob and it would work then it wouldnt some progs wouldnt install some would.

some that wouldnt would later but not all so it was very confusing.

how many diff errors have you seen?

Same Error 1335: ***.cab file is corrupt. It worked after about 4 tries though. Dunno what that was all about. The 2 games that would not install with my first DVD rom installed without any problems once I had the new DVD-RW drive. So, I dunno what it is. I will look into it more seriously if I have any more troubles with it. Crazy computers :freak: