Lunk

I'm 80+ running 1280 x 960...it's absolutely gorgeous...everything on high and I put antialiasing to 2x (suggested was none) and i set water detail to reflect all...

9800 xt i think is what i have now? i'd have to check the other thread where i bought it...

did you notice that the cl_showfps jobby will colorize for you? I saw some red during some action so it must have under 50 i think.

Good test: find a barrel, shoot it from about 30 feet or so and watch your cl_showfps monitor as it explodes.

I'm 80+ running 1280 x 960...it's absolutely gorgeous...everything on high and I put antialiasing to 2x (suggested was none) and i set water detail to reflect all...

9800 xt i think is what i have now? i'd have to check the other thread where i bought it...

did you notice that the cl_showfps jobby will colorize for you?  I saw some red during some action so it must have under 50 i think.

I'm running in 4x AA and 8x AF, and it looks great I had to ditch the reflect all though to keep it from getting choppy near tons of water.

How did you get the console to put cl_showfps? I may just be dumb and not have really played around to find it, but I have been amazed with the game. I need to turn down some settings, but I am running everything at its highest settings, including AA and AF, and I have only had an occasional slow down. Running with a 9600xt with overdrive option turned on, AMD Athlon 2600+ underclocked atm to 1150mhz, 1gb ram.

Would it be better to set my card to my desired AA and AF settings, and turn AA and AF off in game? Or vice versa? Or will the game just override my vid card settings through the ATI control panel?

It's the same as source.  You gotta go to options, keyboard and then advanced and I think it's called "developer's mode" or something...something that enables the console that's automatically bound to ~.

Thanks Fatty. I hadn't played source until today, and that was just offline, running around and shooting stuff to see what it looked like. Can't wait for DSL next week though! :D I will be back in action! :boing: