Difference between x800's?

General J

I know the X800 Pro has 12 pipelines, and the XT's have 16. Is the Pro unlockable to 16 pipelines like the 6800 GT's are? I really like my 9600XT, and it works it's but off to run HL2 and FarCry. I am really getting picky about graphics quality and performance, and I blame it all on the new computer. I am willing to work some serious overtime and "forget" about certain people's X-Mas presents 8P):nono: just so I can run these types of eye candy games better. I know it's sad... But it has to be done :D

Ok, back to my question. What is the difference between the X800XT and the XT PE? Just minor, little specs? Or am I missing something big? Is it worth the extra, what, $60 for a PE over an XT? And is the XT even really worth the extra cash over a pro?

You might have to check into this to be sure, but if memory serves, only the X800 Pro VIVO boards can be unlocked with a bios flash. I dont remember how its done exactly, hopefully someone here can add to this, but i think its just flashed with the X800 XT bios to unlock the additional pipelines.

Hope this helps a little at least.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Difference between the XT and the XT PE is that the PE is clocked slightly higher. Same number of pipes for both XT and PE. The pro is clocked less than both and has only 12 pipes. The VIVO pro's supposedly can be unlocked to 16 pipes and the Gigiabyte pro VIVO's like mine were unlocked to 16 upon purchase (May not be anymore). You want an XT over a pro if you can get one. The PE's are ridiculous to find and overly priced. New ATI products are released on December 1, just wait and see a bit for the prices of the current batch to go down some.

I may even be selling my pro vivo in January if I upgrade again.

Edited by zerodamage .gc

Ill tell you what i hate. I hate how you have to make sure the clock speeds are ok and the mem isnt 128bit.. These companies try to sneek it past you with the name.. Oh i hate that..

Oh i love toms hardware site too.. Its the best..

Edited by Batman

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Well I have an advantage going through ATI so that is why I will do it. I will of course sell my current for cheaper to someone here in the coalition at a lower price. It is after all a VIVO and basically an XT with all 16 pipes.

Well I have an advantage going through ATI so that is why I will do it.  I will of course sell my current for cheaper to someone here in the coalition at a lower price.  It is after all a VIVO and basically an XT with all 16 pipes.

Depending on how much you are asking, I will seriously consider buying it off of you.