Dual P3 866... any good?

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I have a few of these ugly HP Visualize X-Class CPU's that originally had WinNT on them and they have 512MB of PC133 RAM and dual 866 P3's. Think they are worth anything and are any good? I am thinking of keeping one for myself and tossing WinXP PRO on it. Should detect all of the crap in it like the SCSI controller and what not. THing is ugly as Lunk though. :P

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I just counted... 9 that we still have to look at. I doubt we can sell them because they are just so freakin ugly. I will bring in my camera tomorrow and grab a picture of the one I am working on (The best looking one) and I have to figure out what type of Vid card it is. I know it is some professional card, it is as long as the case from one end to another and has no less than 4 cores on it. i am sure it is old but that alone may be worth something. Going to give it a check once I have win2k on it (Would not take NT, which is too picky about things and gives BSOD's way too often, crappy OS anyway).

I think this one I am going to keep though. If anyone is interested... let me know and we can work something out as I test and build them. No HDD's and floppies in them and they are proprietary in that regard. look to be ATX though (Sort of).

Might make a nice Mantis II with a good linux distro on it (for our gc ftp and whatnot). That is if there could be one donated for the cause. I believe ncc would still be willing to foster home another box if we got it to him.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I can probably do that. I will talk to boss and toss out some money for a few of my own. Donate one after I make sure it works. Just keep in mind they are proprietary and a little aged and ugly as death.