Buy Now or Later?

Penty

I got my vacation sell back money early this year, today in fact. So the question becomes; build my new system now or wait until the end of December. Argh! this is the first time I wish I didn't have extra cash. Do you guys think it's worth waiting for PCIe and nForce4 or not?

I think PCI-e and Nforce4 boards are going to own. The ASUS SLI board looks sick but your going to be paying a pretty penny just for the board alone. Its ur choice. I spent 1200 on my rig and its a pretty high tier computer which I can't even use yet.

Really your choice but those SLI boards are going to own a lot.

I think PCI-e and Nforce4 boards are going to own.  The ASUS SLI board looks sick but your going to be paying a pretty penny just for the board alone.  Its ur choice.  I spent 1200 on my rig and its a pretty high tier computer which I can't even use yet.

Really your choice but those SLI boards are going to own a lot.

Other than for video cards, what will the advantage of PCI-E be? AGP seems to be slightly faster than PCI-E atm anyways.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Other than for video cards, what will the advantage of PCI-E be?  AGP seems to be slightly faster than PCI-E atm anyways.

It is the next generation of slots on motherboards. In the coming years PCI will go the way of ISA is today and PCI-e will be the common place.

it all depends if you are going to be building a top of the line system and how much you are tossing into it. yes, its worth it..but those boards and cards are going to cost a sweet penny.

if i remember there isn't much of a performance difference between pci-e and agp at this piont, we aren't really using the extra pipelines.

• 2 weeks later...

Well incountered my first problem. The CM Stacker is not designed with the latest PS w/120mm Fans in mind. Part of the PS cage has a bar across where the fan grill sits. No real problem a pair of tin snipes worked but thought I'd give you guys a heads up.