Current Mapcycle

Fatty

mapcycle updated at bottom of thread

Over at steampowered they've pinned a thread which seems to be a continually updated list of some 3rd party maps: check it out.

I've looked at a few, played some today...several had only 1 spawn point, and let me tell you, that's a mess!

If you've played some cool 3rd parties on other servers, tell us what they are! Right now, the mapcycle on Project Mayhem is:

dm_lockdown

dm_killbox_beta3

dm_garage

dm_rally_b2

bounce

If any of these become a permanent part of our mapcycle, we'll make them available for download from the server. However, it's not too bad of a d/l anyways for any one map...bounce is the biggest weighing in at 7mb + other files (btw, you might as well grab them from the link above while you're cruisin the forums)

Killbox is just hilarious fun. Bounce was a classic. Garage has some serious car crushing opportunities!

Some other minor changes:

Fraglimit lowered to 125 from 150.

Timelimit lowered to 25 from 30.

Guest MrShooter
Guest MrShooter
Guest MrShooter
Guests
(edited)

dm_datacore_b1 and bounce are both good classic maps.

The maps are in the link at the top of the thread.

Edited by MrShooter

GC Founder

I thought I had bounce inthe cycle??!!?

Gahh...it's on the server already...lemme fix that.

dm_lockdown

dm_killbox

dm_garage

dm_crossfire2_b2

nm_motel_dm

temple2

bounce

*direct links to maps would be great unless they're on that linked page or the one I linked.

GC Founder

First, MrShooter, welcome to our community.

Second, I haven't even tested the map, but took your advice. These vintage maps are fun and, well, it's just cool to see em again!

dm_lockdown

dm_killbox

dm_datacore_b1

dm_garage

dm_crossfire2_b2

nm_motel_dm

temple2

bounce

You sure?  I don't see any, bro...

They all worked fine for me last night when I got done uploading them. Can someone else check and see if they are working and report back. Problem may be the menu.....I have turned the downloads to a dropdown menu now. We are working on getting the little icon next to it, at the present time it doubles the height in the menu because we it won't fit on the same line as the word "downloads."

Anyway, long story short, mouseover the downloads in the menu, then you will get a dropdown box, and then go to hl2dm. OH, all of this is from the "new" menu, the one in the forums isn't updated yet. Go to the homepage and then downloads. Working on getting that done too.

I saw some guys complaining as I was watching the chat logs on project mayhem last night. They were evidently having trouble with some of the .....can't think of the word I'm looking for.....er.....textures, that's it, some of the textures weren't loading. They were saying that there was purple and black checkerboard as textures. The map they were on was...datacore...I went in this morning and put it on datacore to see if I could replicate the problem they were having and everything looked fine to me.

Even though I haven't had time to play much lately, cross seemed like a pretty cool map as I was doing the screens last night. Its still on the server right, just not in the rotation?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest MrShooter
Guest MrShooter
Guest MrShooter
Guests

Found a great map, rickler_fly_planes_01

Has 4 flyable planes. 2 planes with big passenger compartments, and two fighter planes.

one of the planes can drop flaming barrels with fire2, and the other three planes can shoot a machinegun with fire2.