Fun Diet

spike

Hi All,

I'm new here but I have a simple diet program to share w/ you guys.

I hope this works for you guys. This will help you loos wieght or get shredded.

(exercise 3-5 times a week will help you achieve your goal faster).

Of course some of you guys might already know this.

Eat 6-8 meals perday containing a minimum of 40 grams of protein per meal or 1-1 1/2 gr per bodyweight. (you can try eat 4-5 times meals per day before go to 6-8)

Eat every 2-3 hrs

Morning: Whey, Eggs

Afternoon: Blends of casein(milk;skim or non-fat), whey.

chicken, steak, beef, fish (salmon best).

Drink shakes w/ skim milk.

Night: eat cottage cheese before bed.

Carbs:

All whole grain high-fiber cereals and bread

Sweet potatoes, beans (all kinds), whole wheat pancakes.

Fruit (bananas, apples, strawberries, blueberries).

Eat high glycemic carbs before and after workout (RIce)

Low and medium glycemic carbs for the rest of the day.

Fats: Peanut butter, nuts, fish, flax oil/seeds, olive or canola, avocados

Good Luck and Enjoy.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
Is it bad to eat once a day?  I barely eat anything, and that's at night after work and school.

Yes, slows down your metabolism.

What is whey?

Whey is a kind of protein, most commonly used in protein powders and the likes.

I don't understand why you would advise someone looking to loose weight to intake 1 to 1.5 times their body weight in grams of protein. If you were on a weight lifting regimen trying to gain lean body mass I could understand, but not for trying to shred.

• 2 weeks later...

Do not eat once a day. It slows down your metabolism.

What you want to do is to train your body to speed up by eating 4-8 meals a day every 2-3hrs.

It sounds silly like why do i have to eat 4-8 times a day if i wanna lose weight.

The idea is to train your body to speed up your metabolism.

Do not eat junk food for each meal.

Try to stay away from deep fried food.

Drink lotsa cold water.(colder is better)

What is whey?

Whey is protein that comes from milk. During the process of turning milk into cheese, whey protein is separated out. Protein can be found in a variety of foods mainly meats, such as fish, beef, and chicken.

You can get whey from whey shakes drink or bar from health store.

Too gain muscle mass you need more than 1.5 gram of protein per body mass.

So 1-1.5 gr is good to maintain bodyweight or even lose weight (depends on your diet and goal) by adding more muscle to your body (More muscle = less fat).

It doesnt have to be in weight lifting regimen to have 1-1.5 gr protein per body weight. The idea is to have a healty life from a healthy diet.

Protein is good source to lose weight. Can I get fat from eating too much protein? Yes but only the excessive amount. Don't worry about it.

Well Good Luck and Enjoy.

I you hava any question feel free to ask.

Fat does not turn into muscle. Not sure if you were trying to say that or not. However, I will agree that the more muscle you carry, the more calories you will burn doing the same amount of exercise. I guess the problem I see with this is you are touting it as a diet, when you should be doing some kind of weight-lifting while eating the 1 to 1.5 times your bodyweight in protein. I would suggest a bit less if you were not in a weight training regimen. I guess its mostly symantics, but it would make a difference.

Fat cant nvr b muscle... to make more muscle to burn fat... if u read at the begining of the post i suggest exercise 3 times a week won't hurt u. doesnt need to b weight lifting, u can do treadmill or any kind of exercise (it'll help u faster to achieve your goal), and the diet can help you lose weight.

I hope u can understand it.

Enjoy n have fun!

I understand perfectly, but I've been lifting/dieting and the likes for more than ten years. I've done all the reasearch. I'm just trying to clarify for some of the people who come in here looking for first hand info.

Maybe I'm just missing the point, maybe we are saying the same thing. My understanding was that you were giving help to JUST loose weight. If that is the case I think the protein intake you are suggestion is too high. However, if your goal is to slim down while gaining lean muscle mass, I agree with your protein intake and think you should throw a little weight lifting in as well. That's all I'm trying to say.

be very careful...without drinking enough water all that protein will destroy your kidneys

a good gauge should be the color of your pee (yes...dont laugh)

if it is a dark yellow or a strong yellow color that means you are not drinking enough water

if you pee is a extremely light yellow or almost clear that means you are drinking more then enough water (too much water wont hurt you as long as your salt intake is not out of whack)

the diet you have up there is one of a weightlifters or someone in sports that is trying to add muscle....to simpley lose weight just dont eat as much protein

AND THAT DIET IS MISSING VEGGIES TOO!