Terrell Owens!! Ha Ha (AKA Vick Bashing)

akaM2

"That huge groan you just heard was the entire city of Philadelphia reacting to the news that Terrell Owens' is out until at least the Super Bowl with his ankle injury. But even without T.O., the Eagles are probably still the NFC's best."

This does open the door for the Falcons and the Packers/Vikings. The reason the Pack lost was because they look after TO too much.

Any thoughts?

Edited by M2.gc

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
With TO out the eagles are just in the same place where they were last year while Green Bay, Atlanta, and Minnesota are still awful and none of them will be able to beat the eagles in Philly.

Sadly, I think you're right. I think the only team with a hope is Green Bay or possibly the steaming hot Panthers. Atlanta and Minnesota don't stand a hope.

Philly will still lose in the bowl, so it's all good :).

Well there is always hope, fellow packer fan. But realistically, the Philly defense and offense can create much better mismatches than can the Pack's. At least now we stand a chance against them without T.O., as the Packers can't cover a quality wide reciever (or Westbrook for that matter either). Also the Eagles have one of the best backfields in the NFL. If the Pack gets behind, they become pass-wacky, and Favre will throw interceptions. Minnesota is too inconsistant to be considered a contender. I think that Atlanta or Carolina would have a better chance against Philly with their defenses. Especially Atlanta with Vick and his running ability.

But that doesn't mean the Packers can't win it all :D

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
how can you say the falcons are horrible!?!?!?!?!?

its all about vick baby

and falcons defense is really good

i hope T O never comes back and i hope philly loses by 85 points or by a fourth and 55 play again

Have you looked at Vicks stats?

He has ONE more TD than Pick, and he's not even averaging a passing TD/game.. that's horrible. He has ~ 150 yards average through the air. The guy is a JOKE.

I have to agree with huhuh? on this one. Mike Vick may not be a great QB but he wins games for them. You also have to remember he is getting use to a new system with the west coast offense.

The last year he played he threw 16tds and 8 ints, and threw for 2900 yards, ran for 777 and ran in 8 touchdowns.

Hes a playmaker and he makes things happen. There are only a few QBs I would rather have than vick.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Manning, Brees, Culpepper, McNabb, Brady, Favre, Roethlisberger, Leftwich, McNair, Bulger, Delhomme, Pennington are all worlds better than Vick.

That's not even including guys where it'd be iffy, like Harrington, Carr, Colins, Green, Brooks..

Vick is one of the worst starters in the league, and will probally be the worst in the playoffs, although Boller may have something to say about that :) (And Boller is starting to turn the corner..)

ill give ya mcnabb (i just dont like the eagles :P )

but noway is vick worse than Bulger, Delhomme, Pennington, and leftwich

he is way better...plus he also has no wide rececivers

bulger has holt, burce

delhomme has muhammad (rated the best wide reciever for the second half of the season)

pennington has moss and cabret

leftwich has jimmi smith

vick has who....peerless price?...cmon his tight end is better than all his recievers and still vick is able to get it done with more wins than all of those teams

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
(edited)

So you're saying Vick is better than guys throwing for 300 yards a game and 2 TD's because he's throwing for 150 yards and half a TD to average players?

The Falcons live and die by their defense.

edit: Need I add, the 2 weeks that Vick doesn't play... Peerless Price has his 2 best weeks. Vick is a RB playing QB, and I can't wait to see him get a broken leg again. What a bum.

Edited by PDO

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Kyle Boller has more yards passing than Vick.. one of the best arms in the league? Please. Boller had ONE passing option in Heap, and Heap was hurt all season. Price seemed to do just fine when he had a QB who actually knew what pocket presence was.

You have to say Vick is better than Boller.

Vick is in a new system, Steve Young took 2 years to get used to the West Coast Offense he said on ESPN. You would of agreed vick was a good QB not last year when he was hurt but the year before when he knew his Offense.

Vick makes things happen thats why he is better than boller, but right now he is prolly in the top 10 for QBs, I will bet in 1-2 years hes in the top 3-4

Just my opinion but I know PDO will come back with something else.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
You have to say Vick is better than Boller.

Yeah, but barely. Not to mention, Boller had some games where he looked like a decent QB, give him a legitimate #1 receiver and he could've had quite the year. Look for a vast improvement in his numbers next season.

Vick is in a new system, Steve Young took 2 years to get used to the West Coast Offense he said on ESPN. You would of agreed vick was a good QB not last year when he was hurt but the year before when he knew his Offense.

Yes... Vick had one good season. I can name players from any sport that have had one good season. Defenses adapted to him being a runningback playing QB. Sorry, but being the sports fan I am I will rarely fall for a player who has one good year. There are exceptions of players who I think will consistently be great players, but that's for another topic ;).

Vick makes things happen thats why he is better than boller, but right now he is prolly in the top 10 for QBs, I will bet in 1-2 years hes in the top 3-4

Fair enough, Vick can be explosive.. but he's not consistent, and right now he's no where near top 10. See my previous list, but I refuse to believe someone isn't good because they have 1 good receiver.. by that reasoning anyone could fall into Peyton Mannings position and put up similar numbers.

Just my opinion but I know PDO will come back with something else.

But of course, I talk sports all day.. no reason to stop now :boing:

And AK.. top 5 worst is pretty harsh, considering his receivers are among the worst in the league, his #1 option was gone, and his #1 Running Back missed several games and played several others injured. Once again, his numbers will improve drastically next season. However... what does it say about Vick if a guy "that bad" still had more passing Yards, 1 less passing TD and 1 less interception?

Vick is the most over-rated player in north american sports.

vick

passing attempts-321 yards-2313

boller

passing attempts-464 yards-2559

boller had 143 more passing attempts than vick but only 246 more yards, thats not even 2 yards per extra pass

the falcons have an offense that depends on the rush (vick had 903 yards) and vick is their leader...theres no way you can tell me that the falcons defense is better than the ravens

so the theory that the falcons made the playoffs bcuz of their defense alone is faulty

i would say only manning and culpepper are better than vick on that list

mcnabb and farve would be iffy (farve would be better if it was 3 or 5 years ago...but farve is gettin old)

Favre is getting old? The Packers set a franchise record for their offense this year including passing yards. Not sure how you can say Favre is getting old and not being productive. The Pack had the #1 offense in the NFC in terms of yards per game. The place the Packers struggled is their defense. Favre is still very capable of running an outstanding offense.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
boller had 143 more passing attempts than vick but only 246 more yards, thats not even 2 yards per extra pass

the falcons have an offense that depends on the rush (vick had 903 yards) and vick is their leader...theres no way you can tell me that the falcons defense is better than the ravens

so the theory that the falcons made the playoffs bcuz of their defense alone is faulty

Vick is in the NFC.. please. You can't possibly mean that the Falcons didn't ride their defense into the NFC playoffs because the Ravens with their superior defense couldn't ride it into the AFC playoffs? :laughcry:

Put the Ravens in the NFC and their record would've been 13-3+.

Sorry, but if Vick is so great, he should be able to put up TD numbers atleast comparable to other great QB's. His passer rating was a 78.1... 21st in the league. I don't care how much he can run, if he can't get even in the top 20 for passer rating, how is he a top 5 QB? (And yes, I know Boller was 30th with 70.9).

Fully agree with Chuck on Favre.