x800XT/Pro and FPS

urk?!?

Hrmm... well first of all, an apology to all of you that have had to listen to me rant about how crappy my FPS have been. While I haven't totally fixed the issue, I did find out what part of the problem is.

Evidently, on the high-end ATI cards (x series), when you disable AA and AAF via the ingame interface it actually lowers your FPS. None of the other settings matter all that much (excluding the cvar tweaks and the dxlevel), but even on dxlevel 70 or 81, you will still have FPS issues with AA or AAF disabled/minimized. If you do it thru the driver interface (forcing it to a setting instead of leaving it on Application Preference) it's fine and it ignores the Valve settings ingame.

GG Valve. Nice work--thanks for making the game Nvidia specific.

w00t.

I gotta go back to work now, but i'll try that when i get home. I really only have fps issues on the new maps, last night I was down in the 20,s from time to time, and with a $500 vid card, that really frosts my you know whats!

Good find!

GG Valve. Nice work--thanks for making the game Nvidia specific.

Tell that to my Nvidia graphics card that makes water purple with AA or AAF on. :bang:

I don't see how thats Nvidia specific, you make the game look nicer, and run better. Two birds with one stone if you ask me.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Sounds like a bug Urk. I will try it out with my beta set tonight and if this is true, I will sumbit the bug and have others test it and maybe get it fixed soon.

Tell that to my Nvidia graphics card that makes water purple with AA or AAF on.  :bang:

I don't see how thats Nvidia specific, you make the game look nicer, and run better. Two birds with one stone if you ask me.

Only had it do that once, which was two days ago. That was a different problem though.