de_congo

Decoy

(edited)

As you all might have guessed from the name, it is indeed in the jungle. There are 2 bombsites, and two fully functional waterfalls. There are also ropes to climb up, and all that other good stuff that includes running accross logs, barely escaping your demise.. all that good stuff.

The A bombsite is easily accessible to the Ts in 20 seconds if they run to it straight from spawn. Go up the ramp, turn to the right and go down instead of up. It's about in the middle, vertically, of the map. For the CTs, they have to take an alternate path, which takes them about 30 seconds to get to it. This would be something that the Ts could use as a rush.

The B bombsite is on the top of the map, also accessible to the Ts in 20 seconds if they rush from spawn. Go up the ramp, turn to the right and go up instead of down. However, the CTs can get to this in 20 second if they rush. Cts will have to rush from spawn and look closely to the left side of the wall for a long, long, long rope to go up. From there you can defuse the bomb.

Now there are a lot of fun things to do in this map. Something I got great entertainment out of was falling down the waterfall. You can then get out of it by going up a rope. You can also choose to go through an underwater cave. There is also a hidden cave... I'll let you all find that one. And one last thing, after you climb to the top of the rope going to the B bombsite, you can jump to a ledge slightly below you, then drop down to another one. From there you can walk down a fallen tree, and follow another path... You literally walk on top of trees for another aspect of the map.

Falling down the first waterfall will not cause you to lose any damage. However, falling down the second waterfall will cost you your life.

This map is extremely cool.

And I hope this link works.

de_congo

Found on www.punkassfraggers.com

And now for something new... screenshots!

screenshots.zip

Hope that works.

Edited by Xonoxide

Many model type errors...not sure if that affects play or not (you only see em in console).

Some people having "no sound" problems (although it can only help...it's like they had autostop sound) but the congo.wav is part of the environment.

I actually felt bad for the pubbers who would d/l all 30 mb and then get booted cause they didn't have a reserve slot...normally I don't feel bad but after d/ling all that...that's gotta suck!

This might be a map that would do well on our other server without the scoped weapons...cause I can see it just being a sniper war.

Competitively, I'm not sure. During the time we were in everyone was more or less exploring. I'm not sure what would happen if we played it for real. Might be fun.

this map is huge, Literally. The waterfalls are cool. The textures seem fairly well done too, I didn't really find any glitches when we were playing.

The bombsites are a little hard to find at first, they aren't very well marked, but if you look for the 2 groups of barrels before someone blows them up you'll find them. Hint - they're both by the waterfall.

Overall, I think it's a cool map. However I think it'd end up being a sniper war with some camping. If it goes no scoped weapons though, that could get interesting.