cs_assault_sm

Decoy

(edited)

After a long time of beta testing this with him last night and today, I am glad to say that it is finished. It has a completely different feel to it than the original assault, but still follows the same path.

It's set in the late afternoon, Ts spawn in warehouse as usual, CTs spawn outside as usual. However, the hostage rescue zone has changed. It is now in a certain section behind the CT spawn area. You will be able to see it from the first picture.

There are also a few additions to the bridge area, and to the right door area. Also, on top of the warehouse, you will be able to see what happened to a poor maintenance worker.

Thumbnails below:

cs_assault_sm0003sm.jpgcs_assault_sm0004sm.jpgcs_assault_sm0005sm.jpg

cs_assault_sm0007sm.jpgcs_assault_sm0013sm.jpgcs_assault_sm0014sm.jpg

cs_assault_sm0015sm.jpgcs_assault_sm0018sm.jpgcs_assault_sm0021sm.jpg

You can download the map here:

cs_assault_sm

Edited by Xonoxide

My feedback:

Going to end up like traditional assault. Adding some more ways in will help with the balance. Be creative.

It's a little darker than I like...although some might enjoy that.

I like the lights that swing, nice pull there.

Make that top top platform area useful...another dropdown vent entrance or something that only CTs can get in from outside maybe?

I liked it also, well as much as one can like assault, I do think the other assault we tried last night with the sewers and stuff has a slight edge, maybe take some inspiration from that and like Fatty said, get creative.

The other thing I noticed was that on the right side of the garage door (from the inside looking out) you cant get inbetween the boxes and the wall to cover the door like the other versions, maybe just widen that a bit.

But all in all, pretty cool, must take alot of work to do a map like that, I always thought it would be cool to try, but I don't know if I have the patience.

Swinging lights = cool

• 5 weeks later...