Fantasy Baseball

MrDuke

I usually commish 2 or 3 leagues a year for baseball and football.

Don't know why I didn't think to involve GC before...

Yahoo fantasy sports website

No entry fees

Basic scoring (for this year)

Autodraft

The league is created in April and starts scoring on opening day.

If you're interested in baseball this year, post up. We need at least 8 to start but can accomodate any number >8 thru multiple leagues.

no toes being stepped on...just wanted to set your level of expectation.

i'd rather join yours and concentrate on Fantasy Football :-)

when this gets going, Ill pass on the few people that were in my league last year that are outside of this community.

:boing:

• 2 weeks later...

But, and correct me if I am wrong, the draft is auto but you can rank players how you want them to be ranked as opposed to the rankings that yahoo gives everyone.

For example, I knew I wanted Carlos Beltran last year (before all the hype over him this year) So I made sure that he was ranked number 1. Since his normal ranking was 8 (i think) I had a good chance of getting him in the first round unless someone else ranked him higher.

It works like this... One team gets a selection first and with that selection they take their highest ranked player that has not been selected already. Since they are first they will get their number one. Then it goes through all the teams repeating that process until the end of the first round. Then the second round ensues and I think it switches up the order but not sure. It will keep selecting for you based on ranking and then based on open slots. I.e, I may have Raul Ibanez ranked 56 as my highest raked player left but I had already selected my 3 or 4 outfielders plus any alternate positions that he might qualify for so it will cycle through my rankings until it comes to a player that will fill an open position.

Anyway, Carlos was a bad choice for a number one. His numbers were off last year and he didn't do anything spectactular until the playoffs where he was absolutely amazing. Thanks Carolos!!

And to think I almost took Vladimer Guerrero but thought his numbers might drop off because of moving over to the american league... bad choice because he was a monster last year.

I am moving the autodraft up a week to March 19th. If you want to play, you have until Friday night to join.

We need an even number of teams so if you join and your the odd man...go find a friend.

I'll set the status to 'ready' Saturday morning. The auto-draft will engage anytime after that. I've seen it range from 30 minutes to 12 hours.

My prediction for the end? Duke finishes first after taking a commanding lead by week 3. I'm commish for cryin out loud!?! I can doctor the stats!

Unfortunately, even divine intervention can't help Rev if he insists on taking Canseco in the first round. I predict a gruesome ending for the altar boys.

<Duke scurries into the war room and crunches more stats>

Cant wait!! Conseco is going to break Bond's HR record!!!

Well maybe not the HR record. Maybe Conseco will star in a movie about baseball. Will those stats count?

O, and to Fatty, could you set us up a forum for the league? The message posting over there is terrible. You could even put it under sports so its not on the front page.

(wonders if Fatty will ever see this).