Deal sites

ConGregation

Thought I would share my links and let others post theirs as well.

For Price comparing:

www.pricewatch.com

www.pricegrabber.com

zdnetshopper.cnet.com

Deal Forums:

anandtech hot deals forum

www.fatwallet.com

these are kind of hairy. I usually dont want to mess with mail in rebates or anything. But some awesome deals can be found.

And finally the rating of resellers to make sure those websites are legit.

http://www.resellerratings.com/

After all that I usually just end up buying from newegg.com 8P)

Accubyte.com

this is where I've ordered all of my systems from....however they are pretty slow and they ALWAYS try a bait and switch to get you to pay more for the same piece of hardware....

the only thing good about them is thier price and they have never ACTUALLY cheated (though the bait and switch is an attempt to cheat)

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
Accubyte.com

this is where I've ordered all of my systems from....however they are pretty slow and they ALWAYS try a bait and switch to get you to pay more for the same piece of hardware....

the only thing good about them is thier price and they have never ACTUALLY cheated (though the bait and switch is an attempt to cheat)

Sounds to me like we should stay away from that place. If you have that many doubts that is.

www.newegg.com

They have low prices on pricewatch.com, etc. - usually withing 1-2% of the lowest priced item. The cool thing is that they have it on everything. Most other retailers have low, low prices on everything but 1 or 2 items, so you have to order from 3 sources to get what you would get from newegg for the same price. I've wasted hours trying to compare sites for the low prices and Newegg ALWAYS beats ordering from 2 or 3 places - shipping from only one vendor saves money.

Also:

1. They are very fast on their shipping, your order doesn't sit for a couple of days.

2. The website has if it is in stock or not.

3. The item has feedback on it from buyers, in case you are unsure about something.

4. Return policy is no-questions asked. I had to return a bad mobo once, new one came fast. (Wasn't newegg's fault, was the mobo manuf's.)

5. Order tracking. Some smaller mom and pops still don't have this.

6. Excellent reputation. There is a reason for this, hardcore nerds like myself often can be seen saying on the internet, "The only place I'll order parts from now on is Newegg!"