Mayhem Keeps Crashing

Ok, I've restarted Mayhem a few times today. Need some data from you guys if you're playing when it goes down.

Simply: Time (if not when you post), playercount, map, and any other info you have.

Thanks!

I know that in the mornings, like this morning, there are "1337 Haxxor Dudes", and I've seen what looks like an unchecked bot exploit twice now, on two different occasions.

Around 6AM, this morning, somebody was autobanned - I think it was for a TK in spawn, I don't remember exactly. Their name popped up as joined just minutes later. Then the fun starts. They're booted from the server, and a bot takes their place, however, that bot keeps changing. In no specific order, Todd will spawn, then be kicked, then Zim will spawn, then be kicked, then Quin, and on and on and on, the entire round, flooding spawn with guns, and flooding the screen with join text. It'll keep going until the mapchange, at least. I've actually been around to see six bots doing this at one time.

It's an interesting way to flood a server from both ends, that's for sure.

Edited by Norguard

GC Founder
maybe try to bring down console and do a condump too (if HL2 uses that command too).

we don't have access to the actual console.

Yea, nor, I wonder if I removed bots altogether if that would clean up the crashes. That exploit is probably making its way around the gutters of the CS world, and we'll see an increase when there's bots in there.

I wonder if the logs would show anything.

You could try. The instance, as I recall was around 6:15AM, EST, yesterday. Do the logs show bots joining or leaving? If so, there should be records of hundreds of them, over a 10-15 minute stretch. Then the pings hit 200 or so, and everybody left.

The bot will join, appear in spawn, leave and drop his gun, another will join, appear in spawn, leave and drop his gun - et cetera. I'd say there are three joins in a second, and they'll still be popping up all over spawn straight through the map, even long after the match has started.