Bots...

can someone plz start a poll about the bots...

from reading other topics/posts, it seems most everyone hates the bots

im very curious to see the communitys stance on these... 'things'

i cannot stand the bots...

they suck the fun right outta this game...

its not even close to playing with real ppl

as far as adding bots to get the server popular?

negative.

tons of other popular servers never had to use bots to get where they are today...

these bots are doing more harm than good

and i bet a majority of veteran cs players would agree with me

( which is what so many posts in here lead me to believe )

I dont mind the bots.

I'd rather play against them in your server than going to another server with ppl in it.

They dont curse, it's a body to shoot at, and I like to learn maps while still playing....

If there was a poll, I'd say leave them.

Maybe change their names though.... u know, spice things up :P

Well in my experience so far with the bots on Recrudence I don't see the point of them. I thought the point of them was to help get the server started in the mornings? If that is the case it's just not working. Plain and simple. I play in the mornings because thats when I get home from work and I always look at the gc servers first and not once have they had anything but bots. This morning for example I played for almost 2 hours on Recrudence and we never got more then 4 "real" people to join. People kept joining but would leave after a round or so because of the bots. At least thats what I think. It was mainly a 4 on 4 match, bots vs. humans. It's just not near as fun IMO to play against bots. I get no satisfaction in beating something that doesnt give 2 hoots about winning or losing.

With all that said, IMO there still may be a spot for bots. I think the servers should be limited to four bots total. 2 on ct 2 on T. I honestly think that would get the server "jump started" far faster than eight bots. If you can get 4 real people to play a game I think the server will rapidly get populated. What do ya think?