Formula 1

KagE

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What do you mean by see them in person? I haven't watched any races at the track yet, although I'm looking to get tickets for the silverstone one here in the UK when it comes round again.

I just sit down every sunday afternoon and soak up the action whilst having a break from work.

You see the German one last sunday?? How unlucky was that, reikineen (cant spell at all) retired on the last lap!

What do you mean by see them in person? I haven't watched any races at the track yet, although I'm looking to get tickets for the silverstone one here in the UK when it comes round again.

I just sit down every sunday afternoon and soak up the action whilst having a break from work.

You see the German one last sunday?? How unlucky was that, reikineen (cant spell at all) retired on the last lap!

I went to Indy in 2003. I was speechless. It sounds all nice and powerful on tv, but in person it's like that times 100. You wouldn't even think a 3 liter engine could do so much noise.

Yeah, it was very unfortunate to see his suspension strain on the last lap. I'm becoming bigger and bigger fan of Raikkonen now, although not officially a fan of him yet (since Ayrton I wasn't into any other racer yet).

I'm in a dilema :=

I need to fit in about 8 hours of revision tomorrow, and I can either use my break to practice CS for a league match, because I sucked in todays MCC game, or take time out to watch the F1 :=

I think I'll just have to check out the highlights later, winning the clan match is more important :blink:

USGP coming this weekend. Anyone going?

I'd love to go, but last time I went with my dad we spent in excess of $1500. I'd probably know how to save up a little this time around and get it down to a $1000 but it's still too much for the annual budget. I guess I'd have to go sell my kidney, but that's ok, I have a spare one, right?

I don't know, I think it would've been if there was no race at all. Michelin screwed up.

I tell you though, if I went this year I'd be pretty tinkled too. But you know, it was at least something. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to see any more fatal crashes.

I personally think michelin refund the ticket holders.

I was watching the coverage, some american had saved up two months of earnings to go and see it. Also, a couple had flown over from the UK to watch it, and that must have cost A LOT of money.

You said there was a race?

No, I disagree. One bit of action, but apart from that, the line up didnt change from start to finish. Definetly not worth the money, especially for the people who put a lot of time and effort into getting there.

I think its shocking the way that the F1 bosses dealt with the situation. Its all about money and contracts. Why on earth not let the race go ahead, with the extra safe corners being put on the track (I forgot the name of these), and have the michelin tyre teams at the back of the grid, or even disallow them from the points.

That was clearly not a race, and I feel sorry for the third placed driver who made his firs podeum to get boo'ed by the crowd. Getting up there for the first time is a special moment for every driver, and you could see by his individual celebration that he was happy, but its disappointing this moment came to him in these circumstances

the F1 race at indy today was a disgrace to the sport, and a stab in the back to the fans. frankly i blame the indy speedway and the FIA, and somewhat michenlin as well. the fact that there was a known problem with tires at indy from a poor reserfacing job that was overlooked by michenlin is one count. the fact that such a crappy serface job was done in the first part is the speedways fault. and then theres the FIA stating that basicly safety comes second to a sport ruled by the dollar.

In the days to come i guess we will learn of the full impact of this shameful event, as well as the far out reaching problems this will cause the sport, mainly here in the US.

the F1 race at indy today was a disgrace to the sport, and a stab in the back to the fans. frankly i blame the indy speedway and the FIA, and somewhat michenlin as well. the fact that there was a known problem with tires at indy from a poor reserfacing job that was overlooked by michenlin is one count. the fact that such a crappy serface job was done in the first part is the speedways fault. and then theres the FIA stating that basicly safety comes second to a sport ruled by the dollar.

In the days to come i guess we will learn of the full impact of this shameful event, as well as the far out reaching problems this will cause the sport, mainly here in the US.

I disagree with you. You can't blame Indy Speedway for any of this. They were ready to put chicanes in that corner, but they weren't allowed by FIA. FIA on the other hand can't be blamed either because they would've given Michelin runners an unfair advantage. Michelin should be fully responsible for this 'disgraceful race'. They are the ones who didn't bring a tyre to hold the cars in place. Bridgestone did everything right and they shouldn have suffered because other guys didn't do their job.

I really don't know how the situation could've been good. The only guys here to blame, in my mind, are the Michelin.

Michelin will refund all 160 000 spectators and even buy 20 000 tickets for 2006, as a promotional event. It's going to cost Michelin at least 16 million dollars.

• 2 weeks later...