How to get steam ID

theseeker4

:bang::bang: Hi, I have been in several games today, both Stock and plus sized, where there were multiple tk'ers, as well as hackers. I am not an admin, so I can't do anything about them, and I don't know how to get their steam ID's so I can request a ban. What can I do about this, since when no admins are there, our servers can be worse than some unmoderated servers, and I don't want that to happen. Is there any way to allow GC members to simply boot players when no admin is available? If not, how can I get their ID so I can request a ban? They often change their names, so I can't just give you the names. Thanks. :bang::bang:

the amount of ID's being posted by pubbers in the forums is getting nearly out of hand...not sure what to do. Someone suggested a forum like this...

then you gotta go on validity...

who'se gonna man the forum...etc

vac2 where r u?

Should'nt be a big deal to make a forum for this, the Lead Admins for thier respective servers can moderate the thread and handlethings, we know who the trustworthy regulars are.

And besides, it's not like a ban in permanent, if we make a bad call ocasionally, we just lift the ban, no harm done.

But that's up to you Fatty, Shep and I will do our part.

Or you can make a GCAdmin AIM account (or a few) and whoever is the admin on duty can be logged into that account.

Also having the admin on duty idle in the GC irc channel would be good too since the GC home page has the Java IRC client advertised.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

One thing is to make the punishment for TKing much more strict. There must be something that can be done with the current plugins/mods to have damage in the first 10 seconds or something directed at the attacker instead of the intended victim like the old days. Then if people TK so many times in such a small ammount of time, they get perm banned. This would eliminate the TKing problem for the most part.

Or you can make a GCAdmin AIM account (or a few) and whoever is the admin on duty can be logged into that account.

Also having the admin on duty idle in the GC irc channel would be good too since the GC home page has the Java IRC client advertised.

Question? Why don't we use Xfire? Gimme a reason why we don't use this instead of aim..